72 Dodge Coronet wagon

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
IMG_8084.JPG
Loaded up & headed to Wollfen's shop. Gary is going to put new floor pans in it. Repair two rust spots in the body & install subframe connectors. Gary will take some pics of the progresss

Last edited:
o wow....suddenly its the 70s again,
and i see candy paint and torq thrusts...im diggin that wagon.
what Are you gonna do with that beauty Bob??

IMG_9205.JPG
IMG_9206.JPG
A set of Torq Thrusts would look great on this vehicle. At $384 for four of them delivered to your door isn't too shabby at all! Thanks goes to Snotty for posting this link!
15X7 AMERICAN RACING TORQ THRUST D BLACK (4) 5X4.5 VN1055765B FREE CHROME LUGS | eBay
View attachment 125292

By the way, looking forward to seeing this car arrive tomorrow. I think it has a lot of potential.
I already have a set of very nice barely used ones with tires mounted. Thinking my 66 Belvedere though. I likely will put my set of Magnum 500's on the wagon. This Pontiac is the look I'm thinking. With the shiny trim rings ofcourse

random trip of the day.....72 roadrunner fenders and hood...grill.
Been too many done like that, no longer new enough to "make the grade" and the wagons are now rare enough to see looking stock, I wouldn't mess it up. 20 years ago, I would have been all in on the idea though.

IMG_8100.JPG
Arrived at Wollfens place & unloaded the car. A look around at Satured's cars (you got some nice cars Dale) & back on the road home

Last edited:
Alrighty, I dusted off the cobwebs and took a look at the car today, then I proceeded to clean out some stuff off the floor before marking where I would cut the pan out, That done I proceeded to remove the accelerator pedal and high beam switch, both of which I tucked away. Then it was time to do the cutting, then used my air chisel to pop the remaining welds. Check the pics, todays progress. It's hot so I am stopping. More to come soon.

Floor.jpg
Floor1.jpg

Alrighty, I dusted off the cobwebs and took a look at the car today, then I proceeded to clean out some stuff off the floor before marking where I would cut the pan out, That done I proceeded to remove the accelerator pedal and high beam switch, both of which I tucked away. Then it was time to do the cutting, then used my air chisel to pop the remaining welds. Check the pics, todays progress. It's hot so I am stopping. More to come soon.

View attachment 125621 View attachment 125622
WOW that looks good Gary. That panel just below the E brake, can that be treated with a rust product ?

WOW that looks good Gary. That panel just below the zero brake can that be treated with a rust product ?
Yeah sure, my next step will be to grind the spot welds down and clean out the chassis rail of all the scale, then I will use the chassis sealer I have on all you can see, then use weld through primer on the spots where the new floor pan will be welded onto the chassis rail flanges.

Back