72 Dodge Coronet wagon

So, I have lost a day and a half to rain and thunderstorms. I did get some work done today though, ground off the old spot welds and also coated the internals of the chassis rails after cleaning them out. Then coated the flanges with weld through primer. I also did an initial trim of the panel to be welded in and test fit it. A little more to be trimmed though.

Floor2.jpg
Floor3.jpg

Is that a aftermarket replacement pan or did you just bust that out on your own???

Is that a aftermarket replacement pan or did you just bust that out on your own???
It's a B body you just go down to corner store and pick one up.:poke:
So, I have lost a day and a half to rain and thunderstorms. I did get some work done today though, ground off the old spot welds and also coated the internals of the chassis rails after cleaning them out. Then coated the flanges with weld through primer. I also did an initial trim of the panel to be welded in and test fit it. A little more to be trimmed though.

View attachment 125821 View attachment 125822
I'm ready to see it with the Rod Shop lettering.

Lol, gone are the days when I make those pans myself, I no longer have the tools nor the enthusiasm. It's an aftermarket unit. As for progress, it has been very little unfortunately, the thunderstorms keep rolling though here and its a pain in the A@#. But I did trim the panel to fit and drilled what will become the "Spot welds" onto the chassis rail as well as put weld through primer on, of which I have run out of and have had to order more.

Floor4.jpg

Been too many done like that, no longer new enough to "make the grade" and the wagons are now rare enough to see looking stock, I wouldn't mess it up. 20 years ago, I would have been all in on the idea though.

I've never seen one. Any pics?

Nope... I have seen them from time to time show up, but I think most are crushed by now.

Quick search for example...
View attachment 126042
View attachment 126043 View attachment 126044 View attachment 126045 View attachment 126046 View attachment 126047 View attachment 126048 View attachment 126049
Things could be worse...
View attachment 126050

I've seen all of that. You replied to someone who suggested putting a 72 RR front end on this Coronet or that's the way I took it. That's what i've never seen.

I was loving the wagons entourage until I saw the last one and pretty near fell out of my chair!:wtf:

View attachment 125821 View attachment 125822
Looking good Garry. 3 thumbs up. That's hard for me me to do too

It a pan from Year One. They told me the front was the same on the 72 B body's. No pan available for the back on the wagon so Garry is going to make a pair

Last edited:
It's a B body you just go down to corner store and pick one up.:poke:

I'm ready to see it with the Rod Shop lettering.
Yea that would be cool but I will probably sell this car. At least that the plan. So a 440 & some buckets & original color so it want frighten off potential buyers.

I've seen all of that. You replied to someone who suggested putting a 72 RR front end on this Coronet or that's the way I took it. That's what i've never seen.
Well now I feel kinda like my goodie bag is in the vise and about to receive another turn.:rolleyes::thankyou:

For the kind of precise conversation I know Polara Dave also expects... You got me... I wasn't even thinking in terms of exact models... simply a muscle clip grafted to a wagon. My point, which I think Bob picked up, was that sort of thing has been done a bunch, and while I wouldn't hate it, a nice wagon seems to be a tough find these days.:)

From what I see, Bob has one close enough to good shape, it may have more appeal as close to original than something too radical. What do I really know? I am the anti-flipper after all. If this was a full blown rust heap with a fabricator and a big pile of wire to burn... I would be inclined to say go for it. :thumbsup:

A clear day today, no rain. So I got the drivers pan welded in ad marked out and cut the passengers pan out. the new pan is trimmed and ready to fit, waiting on some more weld through primer to arrive as I ran out. Cant buy it locally so I had to order it.

Floor5.jpg
Floor6.jpg

For the kind of precise conversation I know Polara Dave also expects... You got me... I wasn't even thinking in terms of exact models... simply a muscle clip grafted to a wagon. My point, which I think Bob picked up, was that sort of thing has been done a bunch, and while I wouldn't hate it, a nice wagon seems to be a tough find these days.:)

I'd have to be new to Mopars to have never seen a b body wagon with a muscle hood.

Back