72 Dodge Coronet wagon

IMG_0178.JPG
Ok I picked the wagon up today from Wollfen's shop. It looks good. Gary did a GREAT job. I'm busy finishing up a few things on the D440 to get it road ready & real close on FURYIOUS to having it track ready. So the wagon will have to take a back seat for a few months. Then I'll get back on it hopefully in September.

IMG_0249.JPG
I placed the 73 C body Fury roof rack on the Coronet & it's too wide. However it looks like I can cut the cross bars down & it should fit. I like it. Breaks up that LONG plain roof.

today i'm rewiring that 69 crewcab for electronic v/r and dizzy , put an 42k volt accel stock stock coil on it goes with the accel white ceramic booted black wires . required a second ballast resister . mounted all them items on the firewall behind the engine . made for a cleaner look . put the headers on thrusday , and built exhaust back from the headers used manual bends 2 1/2'' through to the back of the cab , hang a pair of flow masters on the ends of them . made some brackets from parts sitting here in the shop . tried to use store bought ones . but there junk . had some hard rubber bushing from a sway bar hanger pins , made the 'L' brackets from 1/8 '' strap , welded them up . shot the system down the center of the p/u next to the drive line and between the frame rails . touch up nice . nothing hangs below the frame and cab . and again , trying to do this out of the stuff i have stored here at my place . another junk build , lol . this is what it looked like the day of purchase . and as it arrived rolling , lol .

00p0p_77UbpCA1s9h_600x450.jpg

00y0y_2Eflq4SPwGK_600x450.jpg

00909_aNH3KoobIZ6_600x450.jpg

DSC07851.JPG

DSC07852.JPG

DSC07854.JPG

DSC07856.JPG

DSC07857.JPG

DSC08197.JPG

I don't blame you. I try to use stuff I have on hand too. I spend about as much time looking for it as I do installing it though

lol , lol , lol , me too . i can see it in my head , it's just putting my hands on it . but in looking for hanger brackets parts , i found the spark plug wire separators for my 8.5 mm wires , lol lol lol !

I looked for some of those today & ended up zip tieing the wires until I discover where I put them

high voltage coil 42k , must separate to keep the cross arcing away . stock coils put out about 20k to 30k volts . the engine trans combo are from a really nice all original 70 nyr , with a smash in rear door i parted out .

69700012.jpg

Back