WANTED 727 flexplate bolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Contact seller
In preparing to bolt the 727 to the 440, I found that I'm missing one of the six bolts that hold the flexplate to the crank. Looked everywhere, pretty specific bolt and I'm stuck until I find one. Anyone have one in the Phoenix AZ/east valley area?

IMG_1944.jpeg

In preparing to bolt the 727 to the 440, I found that I'm missing one of the six bolts that hold the flexplate to the crank. Looked everywhere, pretty specific bolt and I'm stuck until I find one. Anyone have one in the Phoenix AZ/east valley area?

View attachment 599086
Pretty sure its this one. Make sure yours is 1/2 inch long.

I probably have one in one of my buckets of misc bolts...I tend to keep every nut, bolt, clip, washer when I part out a car, motor etc, but I'm up in Northern Canada. I'll take a look an see if I can find one, if you need it you pay for the ride and Ill send it your way.

Thanks for the replies fellas, I found one from a local Mopar guy, but now I have bigger problems. I just right now got done mating the trans to the engine, admired the assembly, and the fourth small flexplate bolt, plate to torque converter - stripped. Not the bolt, the pad. New TC supplied by the trans builder - 6 years ago. Not sure what to do now.

Thanks for the replies fellas, I found one from a local Mopar guy, but now I have bigger problems. I just right now got done mating the trans to the engine, admired the assembly, and the fourth small flexplate bolt, plate to torque converter - stripped. Not the bolt, the pad. New TC supplied by the trans builder - 6 years ago. Not sure what to do now.
Heli-coil it.

Seriously, that is a good repair that done correctly, will be stronger than the original thread.

I did all my road wheel center mounting holes after stripping a couple out. This will give you an idea of the process. Road Wheel Thread Repair with Heli-Coils

Yup - I got some too! This is just some of mine. I just don't like to reuse the old ones especiallty when you can buy new fairly cheap.

As far as stripped threads in converter, I just helicoiled one in my race car. I have no concerns and it is 3500 lbs and makes 1060 hp. You will be fine too! LOL!

I do however use ARP 200-2902 bolts that are longer than stock (0.680"), use red loctite and torque to 50 lb-ft.

bolts.JPG

Thanks guys, I just got the heli coil kit and the 21/64" drill bit, we'll see how it all works out tomorrow.

Good job!

Do I see a washer under the bolt head? Do not use a washer anywhere on the flexplate hardware!!!!!

That washer was there only to test torque the bolt in the pad, it simulated the flexplate. All bolts were installed with blue Locktite, no washers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back