'73 disc conversion on Goldie

th

no wait, thats not what he says . . .

let us know how the new brakes are boss!

One sight problem, I thought I would give the heads up to others. I have Rebestos calipers and duralast pads. When I was installing the calipers and pads they would not line up. I took them back off the car and took a closer look. The "ears" on the pads where too thick and would not side into place on the outside position, inside pads are fine.

I took a grinder to them and shaved about a 16th of an inch off both ends and now they fit perfect.

I don't know which is to blame but I am guessing the pad.
I bought my pads at NAPA and had to grind mine a little to fit.

The disc brakes are awesome one of the best upgrades I have done. Stops on a dime straight as an arrow.

The brake conversion turned out to be a pain, but none of it was from what I currently installed. 4 years ago I installed a dual master along with a new distribution block to accommodate the 2 inlets. I installed the distributor backwards. The result the rear line went to the front RT and and the front line was distributed to the front LF and rear.

It always pulled to the right, and when I added the discs and dual power booster it was now undriveable, until I discovered the problem.

Fortunately it is a beautiful day and I got to enjoy Goldie for the first time this year.

Here was my problem it was reversed.
IMG_20170211_152558248.jpg

Last edited:
Back