73 dodge polara custom VIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
scanned them for this guy and posted the pics for him, to be helpful, and all i get is **** for it.
WhereTF do you get that anybody is giving you **** about this. I want to know exactly what quote pissed you off.

These are MY badges from my 73 Polara VIP. You can still see the red paint on the inside (lower) surface of the corners designs. They are faded quite bad but some of the original red paint still remains. I remember clearly what they looked like like when i bought it, and the car only had about 47,000 miles on it. It sat in the guys garage for the first 10 years he had it because they only drove his wife's car so I know it wasn't sitting in the sun. Everything was original on the car, and the red you see here is factory paint. I seen this other guys "restored" emblems and I think they are not correct, because only the upper surface is painted red. And I think it's the wrong red to, so I though I would try to be helpful and went out to my garage, got the emblems (because I have them off right now) and scanned them for this guy and posted the pics for him, to be helpful, and all i get is **** for it.

This is the exact reason i don't post much on these forums!
I spent over a half hour doing this for him. Some a-holes don't appreciate anything you do for them.
Bandit

Excuse me here you ever loving jackass! Did I ask you for a scan of these things? Hell no. In fact I don't know you period so why would I be asking. On top of that my car has been done for several years now and I am not about to go back and pull them out of my C pillar now am I? So you went through all this trouble for yourself. I hope you appreciate what you did for yourself. Now if I am giving you **** because I didn't kneel down and kiss your feet and say thank you master for the scans then my apologies. Now crawl back into your garage.

1.Did I ever ask? You know the answer.

2.Who came out and called someone an *******? You know that answer also.

3.I said I was ok with my emblems and he gets all bent out of shape because I don't appreciate it. See point 1 then 3.

4.So don't give me that "damn" response as though you couldn't see this coming.

If I had one of those very nice special edition Dodges, I would want to know if something I did was not correct. And I would appreciate someone letting me know.

One suggestion from me to you Bandit would be to change your avatar. It makes me wince!

Keep up the good work.

1.Did I ever ask? You know the answer.

2.Who came out and called someone an *******? You know that answer also.

3.I said I was ok with my emblems and he gets all bent out of shape because I don't appreciate it. See point 1 then 3.

4.So don't give me that "damn" response as though you couldn't see this coming.

Double damn....

Ok, not being a smart a$$ here, but Bandits emblems seem smeared, almost as if the red slid off the high spots to look like it belonged in the background. Not sure what the material is, but if it is metal with plastic coating this is a possibility after years of UV damage. On the other hand, factories can F up too, and reverse the colors on something as small as an emblem, especially in small batches.

1.did i ever ask? You know the answer.

2.who came out and called someone an *******? You know that answer also.

3.i said i was ok with my emblems and he gets all bent out of shape because i don't appreciate it. See point 1 then 3.

4.so don't give me that "damn" response as though you couldn't see this coming.

wtf ?!?

WhereTF do you get that anybody is giving you **** about this. I want to know exactly what quote pissed you off.
First of all, never saying (at least) thanks for my time trying to be helpful is rude, saying he's not even going to question it (because his friend is a 'paint restoration guy; like that means he knows everything and that i am wrong), makes it sound like he doesn't appreciate my attempt to be helpful,,, and then again by answering 'your' question of "WTF am I looking at?" By saying mine are "Remnants of this c-pillar Emblem" is making it out like his are perfect and mine are '****' (remnants).

If I had one of those very nice special edition Dodges, I would want to know if something I did was not correct. And I would appreciate someone letting me know.

One suggestion from me to you Bandit would be to change your avatar. It makes me wince!

Sorry about that avatar, but I only changed it to that "ugly zipper mouth" because the guy, who 'doesn't appreciate advice' (or concern about his "restored" emblems possibly not being correct) had the OTHER GUY had 'his' avatar as a matching avatar, but 'his' zipper is on the tongue. So I was just being "responsive". But thanks; I wasn't going to leave it that way.

Last edited:
Great avatar!

I have been on this site for some time now and have been called numerous names in a number of instances and told things like I must be drinking the coolaid for my opinions, etc. You learn after a while who are the ones who have good judgment and some humility and those who are full of themselves and can't take someone not agreeing with them and always have to be right. The latter few I just brush off and focus on the input from those who know things I do not and I try to keep my comments non-confrontational and non-provocative and learn from others. Overall, it is an interesting site most of the time. Other similar sites are just plain dead. And you have an exceptional car with a remarkable interior in my opinion, and you should be proud of it and continue to make it as you want it. Hope you stick around. I appreciate your input.

Steve

Thanks Steve.
And about that avatar.

Last edited:
Sorry about that avatar, but I only changed it to that "ugly zipper mouth" because the guy, who 'doesn't appreciate advice' (or concern about his "restored" emblems possibly not being correct) had the OTHER GUY had 'his' avatar as a matching avatar, but 'his' zipper is on the tongue. .
Reason: Did not see that there were two different people giving me ****...

I wasn't giving you any ****, just answering Stan's questions what Emblems you were talking about by posting a pic of the C-pillar of the car of tbm3. :nono: I'm giving the tongue to noone or everyone around here.

Last edited:
I wasn't giving you any ****, just answering Stan's questions what Emblems you were talking about by posting a pic of the C-pillar of the car of the OP. :nono: I'm giving the tongue to noone or everyone around here.
I simply saw a montage of pics of something I did not know what they were of and askd.
Sheesh.
Klaus gave me a simple answer and the I understood. He has the knack to understand my questions.

And yah, his avatatar has me twitching my tongue a bit. lol.

And I thought you would like that tongue coupled with a substantial number of Tattoos. ;)

By saying mine are "Remnants of this c-pillar Emblem" is making it out like his are perfect and mine are '****' (remnants).

I finally found out what lit up that fire. Sorry I'm a bit slow today. So remnants is a derogatory term in the US. Good to know.

neugieriges-baby-das-mit-abgleichungen-spielt-23812081.jpg

neugieriges-baby-das-mit-abgleichungen-spielt-23812081.jpg

Sorry about that avatar, but I only changed it to that "ugly zipper mouth" because the guy, who 'doesn't appreciate advice' (or concern about his "restored" emblems possibly not being correct) had the OTHER GUY had 'his' avatar as a matching avatar, but 'his' zipper is on the tongue. So I was just being "responsive". But thanks; I wasn't going to leave it that way.

Well no you didn't. I'm so sorry I didn't bow and kiss your feet for taking your precious time posting something I never asked about. Next time I'll have to show the prerequisite respect you demand. Does that make you happy?

However, as has been noted, there is nothing that says your horribly faded emblems, mine weren't at all, is even capable of being correctly interpreted. Personally I think you are wrong as I had my better ones in my hand. This will no doubt lead to another Cold War... the Emblem War. So until a perfect NOS shows up no one will ever know.

For those interested I happen to have been sent a picture, from 1974, of a Polara. Look closely because even though one aspect is wrong everything else there is correct. His father bought it off the pedestal at the Chicago Auto Show when he saw it and had to have it later. The car is 2 months old and triple white. In my copy I can enlarge with a click and see the correct plaid interior.

File May 29, 7 46 36 AM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back