73 Newport Navajo commercial

chry73luv

Reaction score
I am trying to find a copy of a 1973 chrysler car commercial for the Navajo edition newport. I remember the commercial as a kid playing over and over again advertising this car so i know it exists. In fact that ad made me want one and I never gave up till I found it. I have found other 73 newport, new yorker and imperial commercials and ads on youtube but can't seem to find this ad. I find it strange because they played it alot. I have tried chrysler archived vintage car commercials with no luck. I have found plenty of magazine ads for this car but really want the commercial. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

The minister of culture deemed it offensive to indigenous peoples and ordered all copies burned during a Washington Redskins half-time show.

I remember seeing those cars at the dealership. Seems like it was a Spring Special option? A salesman at the local small town Chrysler/Plymouth/Imperial dealer called it "Indian blanket" interior.

In addition to Osborne Tremain, there's also Cars & Stripes and a few others that have car commercials and/or particular channels for their videos.

CBODY67

I have not been able to find the video either. I did find two things on the ever-helpful Fuselage.de site:
(i) An ad scan for "SUNsational Dodges" in Canada also includes a 4-dr hardtop Newport Navajo;
(ii) A series of scans of US materials.

Back