76 ROYAL MONACO BROUGHAM IN KB8 ...NOT MINE...YET

Survey sayssssssssssss.....

Dashboard control unit.
That would make sense.

I’d also check the fuse box too. I found someone had jammed a connector on a fuse terminal causing a cross connection short on mine.

Also, the change to fan off happened much earlier (‘73 and manual system to be exact). Your ATC II should have the fan shut off when the controls are set to off.

The only other thing it could be is the HI blower relay inside the Servo.
But since yours goes tween LO-HI properly, it rules out the relay.

BTW, FOLKS, THIS IS HOW YOU TROUBLESHOOT
RTFMF

The only other thing it could be is the HI blower relay inside the Servo.
But since yours goes tween LO-HI properly, it rules out the relay.

BTW, FOLKS, THIS IS HOW YOU TROUBLESHOOT
RTFMF

That is exactly how to trouble shoot it. I have the FSM for this car so I will do some light reading on the subject. I have two of the best ATC II techs right here in this thread as far as I’m concerned.
:thankyou:

Looking good! I wonder if the elevation change was enough to throw off the carb?

Found a stuck needle valve and some other crap in the carb. Still has a part throttle stumble but I’ll get after that in a bit

Thermoquads usually don't give me problems, but maybe 10% of them do seem to warp, after which I just toss them and try another one. They aren't that hard to adjust either when they aren't warped. Glad you found the starting problem on this one.

I am not a formal guy, but if I had to have one, it would probably be a Royal Monaco with the diplomat package like yours. Beautiful car to my eyes. Congratulations on the purchase. Close second would be a 78 New Yorker Brougham with their very nice grilles.

Also love the mountains in the view behind your dealership. All very beautiful Graham.

Last edited:
Are you another one that will tinker with that POS forever and a day in denial?:poke:

Nope I have no patience for non working parts. I had my finger on the trigger today buying a rebuild TQuad from Rockauto and I still might. I really don’t want to mess around with the originality by putting on an Eddy but it may come to that yet. Now I’m thinking I need to do the timing chain after reading Peter Clancy’s post :BangHead:

Nope I have no patience for non working parts. I had my finger on the trigger today buying a rebuild TQuad from Rockauto and I still might. I really don’t want to mess around with the originality by putting on an Eddy but it may come to that yet. Now I’m thinking I need to do the timing chain after reading Peter Clancy’s post :BangHead:

Actually, I have had very good results with the Autoline brand of remanufactured carburetors. They are very tuned into warpage problems with some of the Holley and TQ carburetors and seem to know how to rebuild them successfully. I have called them in the past to discuss the steps they take to deal with the warpage and they are thorough. Rock Auto has the Autoline brand TQ for your car too. So I would have some confidence in buying one from them. None of the other rebuilders out there seem to have their degree of success in my experience. I did have an issue with one of their rebuilt 2 bbl Holleys once, but they stepped right up and supplied me with a second one that was perfect. So their customer care is exemplary.

And, I have been less than impressed with the Edelbrock line of carbs lately since they don't seem very strong off the line and have hesitation problems right out of the box new. And I am like you, as I like to keep them original. TQs can run really well in my experience over many years when set up properly.

Actually, I have had very good results with the Autoline brand of remanufactured carburetors. They are very tuned into warpage problems with some of the Holley and TQ carburetors and seem to know how to rebuild them successfully. I have called them in the past to discuss the steps they take to deal with the warpage and they are thorough. Rock Auto has the Autoline brand TQ for your car too. So I would have some confidence in buying one from them. None of the other rebuilders out there seem to have their degree of success in my experience. I did have an issue with one of their rebuilt 2 bbl Holleys once, but they stepped right up and supplied me with a second one that was perfect. So their customer care is exemplary.

And, I have been less than impressed with the Edelbrock line of carbs lately since they don't seem very strong off the line and have hesitation problems right out of the box new. And I am like you, as I like to keep them original. TQs can run really well in my experience over many years when set up properly.

The TQuad in the car now is a newer Autoline carb. If I remember correctly Autoline is based in Winnipeg so a Canadian connection at least. I have had several Autoline carbs over the years and have always been happy with them. Plus I don’t have to mess with linkages like I do on the Eddy.

She's looking good Graham, you'll soon have it sorted.

Better not toss Tobias the keys or it'll end up in Germany.

Tobi isn’t interested in Formals thankfully however he has been sniffing around my 70 a lot lately...

Timing chain,
Carburetor.
Heads.
Rear window leak.
HVAC controls.

How are the front brakes?

Brakes are good with the fronts having been done by the PO recently. It has to have an Out of Province inspection before I can title it so I’m sure there will be a few surprises.

Timing chain,
Carburetor.
Heads.
Rear window leak.
HVAC controls.

How are the front brakes?

New water pump and thermostat since you have it apart.

Another thing that I replace because it's about $50 is the clutch fan. And all the belts.

I make things bulletproof so when I'm 100's of miles from home i'm not thinking about 40 year old parts failing.

Congrats Graham she's a real beauty! I'm sure your wife will think so too... eventually.:poke:

Maybe give the new guy a shot, the one who just bought the carb shop. Dana?

Back