76 ROYAL MONACO BROUGHAM IN KB8 ...NOT MINE...YET

Graham... you suck... she's a beauty. I came up dry on the junkyard search for you, and will eventually get to those pics in my thread.

As for the TQ... I think you're using the wrong "carburetor hammer" ...
a7b94d24-8331-454a-bf84-1715611ad8fa-jpeg.jpg

You should try a few sizes bigger or smaller as the situation seems to require...:lol:

Gonna do a shakedown cruise and decide from there. Once we get it up on the hoist with the wheels off I will know more.

Starlight Blue, one of my all time favourites...that car is gorgeous.

That and the Diplomat package is what drew me to this car. The PO drove it regularly last summer and was actually reconsidering the sale up to the second it was loaded on the transporter. I will need a day to detail it and another to do the polish. The road grime was terrible from the trip north.

I know the feeling.... it was hard to sell Old Red, but I left her in great hands! Nice score Graham, I'm sure she's a keeper.

Just in case someone here has never seen my NYB....
img_3295-jpg.jpg

About the horn pad...it should have no ornamentation (see pic). That off centre emblem was off an 80's 5th Ave...why that was done, I have NO idea.

3510230008_large.jpg

Hood ornament should be this:
s-l300.jpg

It's the only Formal (that I've seen) with the factory California emission package on it.

It's the only Formal (that I've seen) with the factory California emission package on it.

Believe it or not, those California package cars ran better with their 4 bbl TQs than the Federal versions. They were calibrated richer off idle than the Federal crap.

C'mon Bob, there is nothing good that can come from California!!!! :p

Now don't take this thread off track. Just a joke!

Now you know that's not true Steve! I'm very proud to own a California NYB! And while we may have a different political point of view, I still respect you and your opinions..... no matter how wrong they are. :rofl::poke: Only kidding!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh and by the way, you're right, mine runs great!

Just as an FYI, I ran out to my 5th Ave and snapped a pic of where that emblem on your horn pad comes from:

50927235_615239568905360_7721266079015632896_n.jpg

It’s kinda interesting deciphering past decisions made by previous owners and for what reasons they made them. Mr C that is definitely the emblem on the horn pad. So the question is what years/models would have a correct horn pad?

Back