For Sale $795. RESERVE MET FOR 1970 PK21 FURY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cuz if s/he bails on you, its likely the next two or three people under them will NOT wanna honor their bids.

logic - high bidder leaves you hanging, so next in line folks say "I would not have bid that high". you're sittin' there all dressed up with nowhere to go.

EVEN if reserve is met..if unfamiliar take a peek at the "the fine print" on Ebay Motors auctions which is all bids are "non-binding"..

Non-binding bid policy

Policy overview
A non-binding bid is a bid that shows a buyer's interest in purchasing an item, but it doesn't create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.
so long story short, its like commando1 said, "vet" them (feedback, retractions, cancelations, etc.).

maybe try to contact the high bidder near the end? if they get back to you great..if they don't, you may never hear from them.

Thankyou all for your input. Never heard that term 'vet' the highest bidder before.....interesting, thanks!

The "H" code wheels are worth a bit alone, you should mention them in the ad.

I didnt mention the large H rims?? All 5 are there with all matching dates!!! I better check into that, i could have sworn i did!!!thanks!!!

The "H" code wheels are worth a bit alone, you should mention them in the ad.
Yea they are there, both in the sub title and first paragraph. Checked anyhow, were all good! Heck, those (5)alone are eorth the current price!!!

cuz if s/he bails on you, its likely the next two or three people under them will NOT wanna honor their bids.

logic - high bidder leaves you hanging, so next in line folks say "I would not have bid that high". you're sittin' there all dressed up with nowhere to go.

EVEN if reserve is met..if unfamiliar take a peek at the "the fine print" on Ebay Motors auctions which is all bids are "non-binding"..

Non-binding bid policy

Policy overview
A non-binding bid is a bid that shows a buyer's interest in purchasing an item, but it doesn't create a formal contract between the buyer and the seller.

All bids made in the Real Estate and eBay Motors vehicles categories are considered non-binding.
so long story short, its like commando1 said, "vet" them (feedback, retractions, cancelations, etc.).

maybe try to contact the high bidder near the end? if they get back to you great..if they don't, you may never hear from them.

Any bids I get, if I see their feedback is all skateboards, CD's, and Comic books, I boot them. If they write back, WTF? then I know they are legit.

yeah --- a "write back" is just a data point in the vetting.

its simple and predictive in my experience with low feedback bidders in particular. person doesnt answer me in 24-48 hrs i cancel their bids.

i see a high correlation between poor communication/low feedback numbers and then eventual NON-payment if this kinda bidder profile wins the auction in my experience.

so if they write back with an appropriate reply i view that as a positive data point in the vet... but NOT a guarantee i wont get stiffed in the end.

and yes if their is little/no high value transaction feedback in their otherwise high number profile, it does cause me pause. i might write that kinda bidder too as a vetting step.

Thanx for the input, ill need to takeprecaution but that gets difficult at the bitter end, doesnt it? Wont that be when (hopefully) theres the most bidding action? You just wish for the best then, right?

Thanx for the input, ill need to takeprecaution but that gets difficult at the bitter end, doesnt it? Wont that be when (hopefully) theres the most bidding action? You just wish for the best then, right?

everything can turn out just fine...the precautions suggested by me and others reflect things we have seen. a lot! just things to consider as your listing runs.

at the bitter end, you are at the mercy of what happens..there's NO TIME to "vet" and the risk that the last bidder with one second left is the "deadbeat" that aint gonna pay ya. on the good side, you could realize another $500 or something positive at the last minute.

these auctions are funny in that way. somebody out there may be the one whose Dad drove THIS car and they will pay almost anything for it. or, somebody out there may also stiff you in the end.

which of these people has/will show up? who knows for sure .. but while you HAVE time, perhaps try to use it to try to get the outcome you want - a fair price on a deal where everybody is happy.

so right now, you can see who is bidding (i dont use private listings BUT i think this is still true).. in your OWN judgement, is it a good quality group so far? good, quality feedback over time, no strikes, no negatives, etc.

one step in "vetting" is just looking at what you can see with the tools ebay gives sellers to do that. if you see a "red flag(s)" in the bidder group, you can try to deal with it in a number of ways, or you can let it run and see what happens hoping for the best.

before the end, in addition to vetting, you have other techniques. for example: since reserve met, you can end it early and sell to highest bidder (write them first though to confirm they are real) because you have your number. you potentially forego MORE money, but if that bidder is for real you've taken the deadbeat bidder risk off the table and got what you wanted.

questionable bidder leading? - you can bag them (cancel their bid) OR let them be and then wait and see who else comes to the party - a lot of people WAIT till the end to bid as their strategy to avoid overpaying for an item. there is a great risk in NOT vetting questionable bidders though!

last, and again..it ALL might work out OK in the end. or it might not. just consider using your remaining time wisely, as YOU see fit, to try to get the outcome you seek:)

Last edited:
Thankyou fellow Michigander. I get to go home tonight and shovel out that Fury once again due to thiswonderful state we live in! Thank god its not the 'widowmaker' snow this time huh? Ill take precaution, once again thanx!

Thankyou fellow Michigander. I get to go home tonight and shovel out that Fury once again due to thiswonderful state we live in! Thank god its not the 'widowmaker' snow this time huh? Ill take precaution, once again thanx!

all the best with everything with your fine 70 Fury. ...and yes, that little dusting last night hardly raised my cardio level, so guess I need more time on the treadmill now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back