8th Annual C Body Show - June 22nd

Hi, everyone,

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend this year's show. I'm having major brain surgery (ring and valve job, or a reasonable facsimile thereof), so it will take some time for me to recover. Hopefully, I'll be there next year.

Scott Stewart

Hi, everyone,

Unfortunately, I will be unable to attend this year's show. I'm having major brain surgery (ring and valve job, or a reasonable facsimile thereof), so it will take some time for me to recover. Hopefully, I'll be there next year.

Scott Stewart
Damn man, wishing you the best for a speedy recovery.

@Asleep at the Meal
Scott, I hope your recovery is swift.

Your post made me check the registrations, since the show is just 2 months away.
We've got 20 cars registered so far. We'll miss you this year.

Hi, everyone,

Scott Stewart

All the best to you and your recovery. Our hearts and prayers go out to you.

Hi, everyone,

Scott Stewart
Best wishes for a smooth procedure and speedy recovery.

Any suggestions for a longer distance attendee? Looking for hotels that I would feel safe with my car.

Hi, everyone,

Scott Stewart
Hey Scott. We will miss you at the show this year. Take your time with your recovery.

Bumping this tread to remind everyone the C Body Show is just one month away.

I was at the WPC Car Show in Elmhurst, IL over the weekend and passed out 15 flyers to attendees with C bodies. Some people already had registered, some didn’t know about the event, and others committed to joining us.

This reminds me to ask those who have taken their time to post the flyer on Facebook, that ask that you re-post the event, so it is fresh on the various C Body FB sites.

As of today, there are 30 C bodies registered for the show on June 22nd, and roughly 43 attendees.

Anyone who is planning on attending should register through the QR code, which is the easiest to do, or PM me on this website to let me know your vehicle(s) year/make/model, and how many guests will be with you, if you haven’t signed up for the show already.

Because this will be the last show I will be doing in Illinois, I will be counting on your cooperation with the registrations. I am sure you can appreciate this is a big undertaking to put this event on annually, for one person to plan, organize and budget for a successful outing.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL.
Safe travels.

sixpkrt

I just signed up. I do have the Charger out here this year, however, not going to get back to the shop for a swap out before the show.

Just under 4 weeks out from the show and the status on my '66 Fury survivor I have registered and plan to bring is:

-Motor (original rebuilt 383 4 bbl) is currently on a stand and needs to be reinstalled, get everything hooked up, and get it running and dialed in. The alternator and exhaust manifolds still need to be picked up from rebuilding/coating
-Brakes are only about half done and I am still waiting on the master and booster to come back from rebuild
-Gas tank needs to be siphoned and inspected - hopefully it's okay otherwise I'll be making a trip up to Waupun to buy a new one.
-Driveshaft is rebuilt, but needs to be reinstalled.
-Not necessary, but would like to reinstall the heater box with the rebuilt heater core after it's done rather than by-pass it.
-Exhaust needs to be done

As crazy as this list sounds, I may yet make it....I'm working frantically to make it happen. Most of the parts I need are here other than what's out for rebuild and a YearOne package coming this week. I also plan to have the motor in before the weekend and possibly more brake or fuel tank work done.

The car hasn't seen the road in about 12 years and was purchased off the original owner, who is still alive. It's one of the most documented survivor cars I have ever seen.

Some photos of the journey to-date:

20221023_152154.jpg

20221023_154807.jpg

20230402_111301.jpg

20230402_173702.jpg

20230914_213122.jpg

20240409_164921.jpg

20240401_090910.jpg

20240401_092041.jpg

20240401_092542.jpg

20240401_083659.jpg

GREAT paperwork, wish I could read it. looks like, Milwaukee ?, shock to see Wisconsin car in that condition

Just under 4 weeks out from the show and the status on my '66 Fury survivor I have registered and plan to bring is:

-Motor (original rebuilt 383 4 bbl) is currently on a stand and needs to be reinstalled, get everything hooked up, and get it running and dialed in. The alternator and exhaust manifolds still need to be picked up from rebuilding/coating
-Brakes are only about half done and I am still waiting on the master and booster to come back from rebuild
-Gas tank needs to be siphoned and inspected - hopefully it's okay otherwise I'll be making a trip up to Waupun to buy a new one.
-Driveshaft is rebuilt, but needs to be reinstalled.
-Not necessary, but would like to reinstall the heater box with the rebuilt heater core after it's done rather than by-pass it.
-Exhaust needs to be done

As crazy as this list sounds, I may yet make it....I'm working frantically to make it happen. Most of the parts I need are here other than what's out for rebuild and a YearOne package coming this week. I also plan to have the motor in before the weekend and possibly more brake or fuel tank work done.

The car hasn't seen the road in about 12 years and was purchased off the original owner, who is still alive. It's one of the most documented survivor cars I have ever seen.
You're 3 weeks ahead of schedule!

The every year joke about hot rod drag week is "welcome to the largest collection of race cars that weren't running 7 days ago!"

GREAT paperwork, wish I could read it. looks like, Milwaukee ?, shock to see Wisconsin car in that condition
Perhaps this direct scan of the window sticker will be more readable on here? It was sold new at Wruck Motor Co. in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The original owner saw an ad in the newspaper (which I am going to try to track down) in March of 1967 advertising it as a discounted leftover. It was the only new car he ever purchased and he drove it mostly on road trips within the state and I don't believe it ever saw salt. It was definitely a pampered car and never used as a daily driver. It's a factory 383 4 bbl Commando V8 car. What's cool is that I also was able to contact the grandson of the owner of the dealership and plan to have a reunion with him, the car, and the original owner at the building it was sold new at, which is still standing.

Attachments

• 20240401083219206.pdf
    425 KB · Views: 1
Back