A, B, or C?

A, B, or C?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ive seen different places say different things as well.

Ive seen that 69 and on Boar is factory stock and Ive seen 67-69 factory stock is Levant.

I like the way it looks stripped and rough. Like a tough old bald guy!

I have the 1969 factory Color and Trim Selector. Boar grain is the correct vinyl pattern for Chrysler models from the factory as I said before. LeVant was used on Imperials though. I personally think Boar grain looks more classy than Le Vant. It seems the aftermarket tends to go with Le Vant for a variety of their vinyl tops as a default material probably because it is so common in the industry. Except for maybe Sport Fury GTs and Hursts, a C body needs a vinyl roof to make the appearance "pop" even more! Classy & sporty.

It's not that hard to pull back off later. Just don't paint it and then try to put top on without curing it, 30 days or heat cycles

What would you suggest I do to "seal" it up? I will mostly likely take the DA to the glue by this weekend. And i'm going to have to get it relatively flat so the new top doesn't look like ****.

What would you suggest I do to "seal" it up? I will mostly likely take the DA to the glue by this weekend. And i'm going to have to get it relatively flat so the new top doesn't look like ****.
That's a good question I painted mine and then tried to put the roof on and the paint shriveled and lifted. That's how I know the adhesive will do that. I then sanded it smooth and repainted (not smooth enough for show just to for top to lie flat) I then went over the paint with a heat gun a couple of times to cure the paint and install the top because I was on a time frame to make it to the Nats. If you can give the paint time to cure, or have a way of baking it heat curing it will be fine. Maybe a epoxy primer would cure quickly enough but I am no expert, very amateur at painting.

I'd add another choice: E) It's your car, do with it what you want.

With all due respect Snotty, that's a pretty worthless response. He will do what he damn well want's obviously but has come here and asked for our input and for us to act as a sounding board.

Just kidding - trying out the Will Ferrell line from Talladega Nights :poke:

What did you wind up doing with the roof repair Mar?

Get it to seal up good?

I think that's the best and coincidentally the correct choice Mar. Are you going black?

yessir. back in black!

:rolleyes:
What about rattle crinkle paint?

:lol:

What did you wind up doing with the roof repair Mar?

Get it to seal up good?

Oh yeah Bry, she's sealed up real well. but the damn windows are leaking. :rolleyes:

Soooooo that is the impetus for doing the top. Ive got a local glass guy the does side jobs, and next week we are taking the glass out. Once glass is out, we are repairing any spots that look suspect (so far it actually looks really good!) and installing the top, the glass, and the trim.

ooof. Im a pretty gruuuuuvy guy, but not THAT gruvy. lol

Photo1408.jpg

well, thanks to 69CoronetRT, he decoded my broadcast sheet and it came up as the Newport originally had a painted top.

Somebody put a on vinyl top later in it's life. hence the levant grain top I pulled off.

I wish they would have just left it as a painted top!!!:mad:

well, thanks to 69CoronetRT, he decoded my broadcast sheet and it came up as the Newport originally had a painted top.

Somebody put a on vinyl top later in it's life. hence the levant grain top I pulled off.

I wish they would have just left it as a painted top!!!:mad:
Did they drill holes doing the aftermarket install?

Back