A, B, or C?

A, B, or C?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And for this we love you!

I didn't vote (late) but I would've voted for C. Odd how it appears to have been a painted roof yet appears to have filled holes where the factory trim holes are? Perhaps all cars were stamped, painted roofs holes were filled along with roof seams and moisture inside the car over the years swelled the talc in the filler causing you to break the paint when you sanded it flat? To add to the mystery, Painted roofs should have leaded roof seams which did not swell. Of which this car seems to have, what gives? Nice job on all aspects as well! Will you be using the "original" trim, if possible? I am also curious how it was attached? Or have you tracked down some of the original pieces? The top you receive will be long enough for them. Even longer with what it had.

thank you!

the white-ish spots is the glue from the previous vinyl top that got sanded down. and the roof does have the leaded seams...I found those in the corners of out the window channels.

I will be using the "original" trim. the trim is attached by little "pucks" that were *I assume* welded to the car. or at least the pins that hold them in were welded to the car.

you can see them in the pic below...they are the little white plastic disks across the dutchman panel...

DSC06504.JPG

Back