A, B, or C?

A, B, or C?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C is not gator grain it is boar grain the picture is too up close. Gator grain is $1200-1500, at least last time I checked because it is what is supposed to be on my Challenger.

Gator would be appropriate for a 70 E body but not a 69 C body.
I think you are thinking tortoise for a 69 C body.

'69 Tortoise: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com...969/69_Chrysler_Tops_Stripes_Accents_0001.jpg

'70 Gator: http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1970/70_Dodge_tops0001.jpg

Last edited:
I won't question him but painted originally then added top seems kind of unlikely with the images of the trim. Not impossible mind you.

That is a dealer added vinyl top, as the factory trim on the fuselage Chryslers was very different than that. This is a photo of a Sportsgrain Newport with the correct factory vinyl top and trim that was used on all 1969 Chrysler 2 door models:
69chr_woody4.jpg

That is a dealer adde
d vinyl top, as the factory trim on the fuselage Chryslers was very different than that. This is a photo of a Sportsgrain Newport with the correct factory vinyl top and trim that was used on all 1969 Chrysler 2 door models:

I yield the floor to your intimate knowledge of make/model and detail sir

That is a dealer added vinyl top, as the factory trim on the fuselage Chryslers was very different than that. This is a photo of a Sportsgrain Newport with the correct factory vinyl top and trim that was used on all 1969 Chrysler 2 door models:
69chr_woody4.jpg

I see it. My top doesn't does not come to a point in the back.

Looks pretty damn cool. and those road wheels look mighty snazzy as well :p

if you squint real hard, she almost looks like she still has a painted top :BangHead:

DSC06962.JPG

sanded the glue down with 180 on the DA just to level it out. dont want to go more aggressive cuz ill split paint open. and 220 is not aggressive enough for most spots.

I did take this opportunity to polish up all of the trim though. :D Most of the it was filled with mucho gobbledygook in an obvious effort to make the wheelhouse watertight. didnt work.

befo'

DSC06886.JPG

DSC06891.JPG

after...

DSC06914.JPG

DSC06876.JPG

OH and I did the wipers too...yes, the top one iz done. {enhanced to show detail :p)

DSC06926.JPG

so the top is sanded, the windows are out and vinyl top arrived yesterday from Legendary (thru Dante).

going to take all the clips and screws out and put them in a rock tumbler to clean em up a bit. also have a little bit of rust repair to do on 5 spots (all pretty minor except one biggish spot) around the window channels. Craig (my glass guy) was amazed and delighted at how clean and smooth the channels were.

pics...

DSC07002.JPG
DSC06995.JPG
DSC06996.JPG
DSC07001.JPG

Agreed, can't wait to see it all done!

Keep the pics coming... it is more fun to watch than to help...

thanks guys! it's been very therapeutic.

had a **** week, and tearin into the Olde Chrysler to make her better, makes me feel better. :D

sooooo vacuumed up all the crap Craig tore off, and now it's on to clips!

words of wisdom, from Yoda it is...

yoda mopar.jpg

well, I decided to do right by the olde Newport and replace the rear window channel (and other assorted rusty areas) with metal. the beige is the 2K primer I used to seal it up.
DSC07087.JPG
DSC07097.JPG
DSC07138.JPG

Back