A/C/Heater control vacuum switch question

Daniel Romero

Reaction score
2CDC19DD-3B6A-42B2-92C3-3CD7AC239BC6.jpeg
FDFD567E-0831-4997-B6C7-8BBDC4CE0F7A.png

My vacuum switch broke on the heater and a/c control box. Mine is the first one pictured. I can’t find one on EBay that has the same numbers listed in red at the bottom and the top number is off by one letter. Do I have to find one that matches the numbers on mine or do I have some other options?

View attachment 356793 View attachment 356794

My vacuum switch broke on the heater and a/c control box. Mine is the first one pictured. I can’t find one on EBay that has the same numbers listed in red at the bottom and the top number is off by one letter. Do I have to find one that matches the numbers on mine or do I have some other options?

There were several minor variations of this switch, usually involving improvements, as long as it is correct for the application it should work. You have a 5 button switch and the replacement is also a 5 button unit so it should function the same.

Dave

There were several minor variations of this switch, usually involving improvements, as long as it is correct for the application it should work. You have a 5 button switch and the replacement is also a 5 button unit so it should function the same.

Dave
Thanks, Dave!

I don’t want to shell out the prices they’re asking for on eBay and end up getting the wrong one.

Daniel

Pity OER doesn't make a 4 button replacement. The only thing wrong w mine is that the button slides have crumbled at the ends. I've thought about using epoxy to make the lovely chrome buttons hold onto those buttons better, but hate using something like that. I do alright with the heater on one setting most of the year anyway, and merely varying the fan speed and the vent for getting air by the core....

Back