A couple questions

Thank you all for the information

now a third or fourth question. Has anyone made the fender indicators become on with the headlights? I cannot see where my corners are because the paint becomes dark at night. The indicators would help a lot if they were on with the headlights

Thank you all for the information

now a third or fourth question. Has anyone made the fender indicators become on with the headlights? I cannot see where my corners are because the paint becomes dark at night. The indicators would help a lot if they were on with the headlights
I think you'd need a dual filament bulb, like an 1157. I don't think such a bulb exists for a tiny application like a fender top turn signal. If you ran headlight wires parallel to the turn signal wires at the fender top, perhaps if you had dual fender top turn signal indicators, 2 on each side, you could run one each side off the headlight wiring circuit. :)

We'll, one way would be to splice into the parking lights using a resistor (so they would be dimmer than the blinkers) AND a diode to prevent back voltage from goofing up the turn signal circuit.

I owned a 70 Newport bought brand new in December of 69. I did many many many many burnouts with no problems at all

We'll, one way would be to splice into the parking lights using a resistor (so they would be dimmer than the blinkers) AND a diode to prevent back voltage from goofing up the turn signal circuit.

what if I didn’t want to use them as turn signals but rather as “clearance” lights? Could I just splice them into the headlight harness?

Yeah, that would work. Just cut and tape off the wires to the turn signals so when the headlamps were on, no voltage backfeeds into the turn signal circuit. Issue there would be high beams. If you tap into the low beam circuit, the fender lights would go out when switching to high beams, which is why I suggested the parking lights circuit.

Or are you referring to the lamps on the bottom of the fenders, not the wink lights on top? I don't think you should, those are mandatory by law to alert other drivers to the side your intention of turning.

Back