A rare look inside "The Beast"

C Body Bob

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Had to pull a head today. Hopefully I can have it back together for next weekends races

image.jpg

image.jpg

Went to warm the engine up & had a major header/exhaust leak. The rear stud had sheared off somehow. Going to call my buddy tonite & see if he can drill it for me. If not its off to the machine shop

image.jpg

Hardened stud broken off below the surface...Arrrrggghhhh!

Yep it was one of those WTF moments. Never heard of this happening before. Funny thing is I looked all over the floor of the shop and I can't find other end of the stud

You'll probably find it later when you not actively looking for it. At least that's how it works in my garage/shop.

Glenn

Every time I finally sweep up the floor in the shop, I find all sorts of missing goodies in the dust pan. LOL

Usually when I'm working on a car & drop a nut or something it rolls right smack to the center where I can't reach it from either side

Good luck getting it sorted in time for the weekend.

Looks like you have a descent amount of lift on that camshaft :)

Went to warm the engine up & had a major header/exhaust leak. The rear stud had sheared off somehow. Going to call my buddy tonite & see if he can drill it for me. If not its off to the machine shop

It still amazes me that anyone would put headers on a cbody...

Someone had to say it.

I drop a bolt/nut, look everywhere for it, but the replacement, install it, turn around and there's the bolt/nut I lost. Never fails.

Whew! Well my neighbor who is one of the best true mechanics I have known got the broken stud out. So looks like Saturday before I can start putting it back together.

image.jpg

Back