Advice on 1960 Dodge, please

The problem is: How many 60 Dodges do you really see? Darts maybe, but not full-size Dodges. Very, Very, Very Rare. Lots of work there, but you would have a Very Rare Bird indeed....
Your Money- Your Choice

OK so 60 Dodge is rare? let’s get a better car than a rusted 4 door.

how about a long ram car? Might be a better deal huh?

4-doors are cool, but not to spend huge money resurecting.

Last edited:
The problem is: How many 60 Dodges do you really see? Darts maybe, but not full-size Dodges. Very, Very, Very Rare. Lots of work there, but you would have a Very Rare Bird indeed....
Your Money- Your Choice
I have an inkling of what is involved after bringing my Fury back to life. I just don’t have the necessary resources this car would need.

If its a 4 door post sedan Dart (Pioneer, Seneca, or Phoenix), walk away. There are still a fair number to be found out there, and they aren't very expensive when they show up. If, its a 1960 Dodge Polara or Matador, its rare even if it's a a 4 door post sedan. If you can't find a better one and its a 60 Polara or Matador that you want, then it could be years before you find another one thats in better shape. But that also means replacement parts will be rare too, and this one could be worth grabbing to have as a parts car for when you find a better one.

As someone who owned a dozen 1960’s I’ll chime in my 2 cents worth. If there’s rust on the top of the plenum you can guarantee it will be rusted through underneath. That leads to floor pan rust as the were great at catching water. They are not a huge deal to fix but there are some intricate curves to make if you cannot source decent cuts. I’ve had a few with roof rust along the sides. Not a hard fix, but they do tend to pool moisture and water in the side rail. Again there’s a few curves there that are a bit of work to fix. You’ll also get nearly every 60 with rust in the rear roof pillars where it joins the quarters. There’s a catchment there of a couple of layers of panels that holds moisture. It all comes down to how much time and money you want to spend. If it’s a project and you enjoy doing that stuff in the garage then go for it. But if your after something to jump in and cruise then I’d look for something a little more solid. Good luck with it. The 60 is my favourite of the forward look cars.

F24ABCB3-BFF3-4E35-9BEF-4A6748B9E5D4.jpeg

Question Mr. Roper. Saw your location and it rang a bell in my cob webbed head: Is the Little America Truck Stop that used to be stuck back in the Pines there in Flagstaff still alive and Doin' Business? Ran into Efrem Zimbalist Jr. in the restaurant there back in the late '70s (He was one of the two stars not counting Ed"KOOKIE" Burnns in the TV series (77 Sunset Strip way back when TV waz still Black 'n White) He was coming in as I was paying my bill to leave. We looked at each other, I Nodded and Smiled in recognition and he Nodded and Smiled back and not a word was spoken, but I remember that day for some reason.. Funny how small the world iz sometimes, Jer

I tried to sell mine for $5K and got no hits. It's not rusted like that at all. The floors need some help, but the rest is pretty solid. He's asking way too much for that car. I'm glad I didn't sell mine though

There is a 1960 Dodge Matador 4 door post sedan on Facebook Marketplace in Deep River, CT.
NOT mine.

CxshgfGUE6MLmd0AOT76BWjnH9jY5YmkeVJODalE2OXZHmFa5769yrEv2pFTw58EXqtdXgTL&_nc_ht=scontent.fric1-2.jpg

It needs work but if it has a lot of car cancer back off . If you locate 1 in Arizona grab it there will be no cancer on that 1

Don’t buy it, I made the mistake on a 60 now it’s a 61 and owes 90 k lol I bet the attachment for the front guards is gone and when you said the firewall back it’s stuffed,those wheel arches are just the beginning of a lot of pain. I do like the look though.awesome cars

Back