Aftermarket AC Panel - is this of value or interesting to anyone?

bnz84

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got this interior aftermarket part from a parts car and wondering if its worth anything in terms of $$ or general interest. I probably wont keep it. Any comments on what you would do with it? thnx
IMG_1559[1].JPG
IMG_1558[1].JPG

A complete aftermarket evaporator assy?

If someone is trying to restore a period correct after market A/C unit, it might be useful to them. You can try putting it up in the "for sale" section to see if anyone bites. Stranger things have happened. I suspect though, that this part is probably more likely to be a fugitive from the trash can. Anyone doing a serious restoration of a vehicle will usually get rid of after market air. If you have the complete unit, someone might want to install after market air on a driver quality car.

Dave

Key question might be "Does it hold pressure/vacuum or have an evaporator size that is easy to replace?"

Thanks guys, Ive been looking up info on it but not much out there on this dealer installed option. I don't have any of the underhold stuff that may have went with it. And of course not tested it. Just seems too interesting to chuck so I appreciate the feedback

Back