Age old question - Fuel or Spark?

The TQ on my ’74 needs some work, and I’m thinking about just going straight to the “Eddy.” Any thoughts on the best place to buy one - or the place(s) to stay the hell away from?

BTW, I’m a Mary Ann partisan myself.

Definitely going to swap out the LB carb and see if it helps. Larry had to replace the alternator for a second time after he left my place. Took two more “reman” alternators to finally get one that worked. So strange theory would a low voltage affect the operation of the ELB? Our modern cars are completely dependent on correct voltage to operate….stay tuned

Check the connection on the back of the ammeter. My Dad bought a new 75 Gran Fury that seemed to eat alternators/regulators after it was a few years old. He converted it back to a mechanical regulator and all the problems stopped.

Fast forward a few more years when he had the cluster out for some reason and what does he find but the Green Death on the push on ammeter connections. Apparently the electronic regulator used that circuit thru the meter as it's signal for state of charge. Resistance equaled charged battery, no need for more.

Kevin

The TQ on my ’74 needs some work, and I’m thinking about just going straight to the “Eddy.” Any thoughts on the best place to buy one - or the place(s) to stay the hell away from?

BTW, I’m a Mary Ann partisan myself.
I am a big fan of the new Eddy AVS2 carbs. I have used them on 3 different applications and have been happy with them. Look for the 1906 Eddy and make sure to grab the Mopar Kickdown adapter 1481 I think

Back