Ain’t gonna be no rematch!

Been years since I have seen any of these cars in the flesh.
I’ve got people on YouTube wanting to buy it and offering crazy money. Are they full of crap? Probably. But until I see cash in my hand the car is for sale. If anyone is serious about buying this feel free to message me here privately. Serious buyers only please. If you have to ask permission to buy a car from someone, get it before you contact me or better yet don’t contact me at all. I’m not hard to get along with but serious buyers and sellers know what I mean!

Here’s the thing: to do it right would take a big block stub frame, torsion bars, power disc brake conversion, correct steering column, heavier rear leaf springs, radiator, anti-sway bars and all the other miscellaneous brackets and do-dads. People who talk this big block swap stuff are blowing smoke.
Are the /6-V8 conversion brackets still available? If so, no need to swap a subframe.

If the car didn't have a swaybar, it's possible it got large-diameter torsion bars. My 68 Fury with 318 was that way. Would a /6 be the same? Only a measurement can say for sure.

Does it need the disc brake conversion? IMO that's a good upgrade, but not immediately necessary, esp due to @Triple Pickle having refurbished all the brake hydraulics. And at that point, IMO manual disks would be my preference anyway. I can attest - if someone can drive manual drums, they can drive manual discs.

Change the steering column? Maybe eventually, but drive it as 3-on-tree for awhile. Would need the bellhousing (as some folks have mentioned) but would also need the correct flywheel and clutch. And to shorten the Z-bar to V8 length.

Heavier leaf springs? I've been putting a 440 thru worn-but-leaf-added 318 springs (and a smaller-size rubber-insulated driveshaft) for years now.

Radiator is $250 upgrade to an aluminum one, similar to the replacement Pickle used.

The 'small' differential housing used behind smaller engines will last behind a 440 if it isn't abused. But with the 215-sized tires, they'll be a nice fuse for the driveline.

Are there expenses that most folks overlook? Absolutely.
But if wanting a 4-door to upgrade, this one is the best foundation a person is likely to find.

And IMO, the best change would be to a 5.2 Magnum, as it would provide a decent amount of spunk for a car this size and not require additional driveline beefing.

BTW - welcome to the group, @Bobbyc.

If you buy the car, and you pass thru Indy on this adventure (and I presume you would on the way to KY), perhaps we can meet somewhere for a burger.

Well, my inbox is full and I don’t know how to delete them! I’m so dumb!

Well, my inbox is full and I don’t know how to delete them! I’m so dumb!

'Leave' if you want, and there are options to accept future messages. Although I don't know what happens if every participants 'leaves'.

If you want to retain the info, you have 2 options (that I know of):
You can 'export' and the website will make a file for you, that you need to wait on.
1696280915530.png

Or the far-easier thing is to do is the 'ole CTRL+S and save it as a webpage on your PC, in wherever and whatever file format you want. (I'm a fan of single-file for stuff like this)
And you don't have to wait on anything.
Afterward, 'leave' to conversation and it's gone from your inbox.

All the talk about big blocks. I would like the car just fine with 225 and 4 on the floor with a/c under the dash.

This car would be an ideal application for the Borg Warner R10 or R11 overdrive, but I have not yet head of an adaptation to a 60s/70 Mopar trans.
It functions somewhat like the Gear Vendors, in that it allows some gear splitting (but not in every gear).
IIRC, it also allows freewheeling under certain circumstances.

https://vintageautogarage.com/content/product_description/BWOD-free-report.pdf

Back