Ain’t gonna be no rematch!

Just put another 225 with 4-speed in it and call it good already.
I’m busy making a nice quilt for next years fair. Besides if it’s not a big block 69 Charger or 71 Hemi Cuda, is it really worth fooling with?

As for the spun cam bearing, Triple Pickle indicated some uneasiness about the installation in the first place... what was up? Misaligned oil hole or spot rubbing?

One person asked if just that individual bearing could be replaced. Answer - no, you have to purchase a complete set, and all bearings must be removed in front of the damaged one anyway. You install back to front. With a spun bearing you also now have bearing bits throughout the engine. The whole thing needs to be torn down and thoroughly gone through. Crank bearings may need to be replaced. The oil pump needs to be disassembled as well.

From my experience, cam bores don't usually need align-honing during a rebuild. But once the cam bearings are all pressed in, you install the cam dry and rotate it to check for high spots / binding / rubbing on the bearings. Then remove the cam and check the bearings. There will usually be some contact spots. Then you burnish these down with red scotch-brite and recheck.

As for the Mickey, that car is awesome the way it is. I hope that the new tire-kicker turned buyer doesn't make any changes. It's too unique in its current stripped down attire with the slant, 3-speed, puke mat, dog dishes, etc. When I think of the "1 of 1" moniker, can't get any better than this, fluck the high dollar, 'holier than thou' shyte.... :usflag:

No one has offered to buy it or have shown any serious interest.
I’ve heard the “junkyard slant 6” suggestion so much it’s ridiculous. There’s no such thing in my area. A good used slant 6 in the junkyard is getting scarce in 2023. I’m not putting a used engine in this car without tearing it down. At that point it’s foolish not to go ahead and fix anything that’s questionable. Which is what I have already done once. For whatever reason the bearing failed and now I’m back on the bottom with no will to climb.

It’s on flea bay. I’ve offered it here 3 times previously with no response but feel like I should at least mention that I’ve listed it on EBay at this time.

Back