Engine, Transmission & Driveline

1. commando1

commando1 Mr. Normal FCBO Gold Member

THIS is in your stable???
    :wideyed:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. saforwardlook

saforwardlook Old Man with a Hat FCBO Gold Member

Yes, Stan. At least for another week. It has been a good driver for me since the body/paint was done by someone else before I got it and isn't perfect but still very nice, and I completely refurbished it mechanically so it is turn-key now. Drives like new and gets a lot of stares. One guy saw it and really wants it so he is coming by on Friday with cash to drive it and buy it more than likely. He won't be disappointed. I went through everything! I have a lot more 71s so I will move on to my triple black coupe. That one I probably won't drive as much because it will be showroom and everything including body/paint will be done at my place. It will be a keeper though.

After having all the fuselage 300s, the 71 models are clearly my favorite ones. But I have too many of them now (around 7) so something had to give. I told the guy coming on Friday what I have in it and he didn't flinch, and after talking more, I decided it would be going to a good home. Most folks here do flinch when they ask since few realize what goes into one of these to make them nice, and that isn't even counting my labor. So if I can recover the cost of parts and outside work that I can't perform such as a complete engine rebuild, and it goes to a good home, they are gone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
  3. commando1

commando1 Mr. Normal FCBO Gold Member

Well, now I know I never had a chance.
    :rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ayilar

ayilar Senior Member FCBO Gold Member

Good for you, Steve, and good for the buyer. I don’t think one can hope for a better car than one to which you’ve given your stamp of approval.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1