Another,AnotherAnother,Another 1961 FURY

Seat belts were mandated in 1967 and made standard equipment in all US sold vehicles. Up to then they were optional or dealer/owner installed. Both factory and aftermarket were available.
Here is a forward look dealer option belt buckle.

View attachment 332099
I'm looking for some of these, what is the generic name? Dealer installed seat belt??

Nice car!!

Go get it, something to do now you're retired. Another trip to French Lake perhaps?
Kathy is already telling me I need to thin out the herd! Id have to sell one of my others to make room and I don't want to part with any of them! Yes Im in the mood to go junk yarding, just closer to home! Hope your doing well and again I enjoyed our trip up to see Doc's great collection of 72-73 Imps! I bought my 49 ford Coupe in 1970 my first car! and decided it was time to replace the 50 year old Duluxe paint job done in 71 for $250.00! So I've been keeping busy and out of Kathy's way!!

DSCN3585.JPG

DSCN3731.JPG

DSCN3598.JPG

DSCN3594.JPG

DSCN4042.JPG

DSCN4048.JPG

DSCN4073.JPG

I know I'm a die hard mopar guy myself, never had a car like this. But at the time I had to rescue the poor car. Was planning to ditch that chevy motor and put in a 383 or 440. We'll see what happens, If it dont sell I may just keep it as a shop car and parts getter lol

I know I'm a die hard mopar guy myself, never had a car like this. But at the time I had to rescue the poor car. Was planning to ditch that chevy motor and put in a 383 or 440. We'll see what happens, If it dont sell I may just keep it as a shop car and parts getter lol

That car probably had a Poly in it - unless it was a six cylinder car. You could do a lot with a Poly, and it would likely be correct.

14387332_f520.jpg

The poly is a better choice, IMO. The car is not a hot rod, and while a BB is more powerful they are not near as efficient as the poly. The type of driving this car will likely see will be much more enjoyable at 22 MPG than 14 MPG.

The poly is a better choice, IMO. The car is not a hot rod, and while a BB is more powerful they are not near as efficient as the poly. The type of driving this car will likely see will be much more enjoyable at 22 MPG than 14 MPG.

I agree, Wil. . . Unless you do this: :poke:

AUT23145-678x381.jpg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I have this one. Medium ding on front,no clips,the corner is good. Not perfect but usable if you don't have one.

Great finds! Making any progress on the 61? Please post some more pictures!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Been busy with other things lately,covid business closures,wildfire evacs, family healthcare issues. I'm clearing out garage and getting ready to start tear down this winter.
I have collected about 90% of parts needed to start restoration. Did not want to start tear down and get halfway through and have to stop because I didn't have parts.
I have recently picked up a complete 61 413 Xram motor from a rusty parted 61 G and another 413 from a 61 imperial. I will start with rebuild one of there motors.

Back