Another new C Body member!

pcskies

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I bought this 77 Royal Monaco in April. It has been in Georgia since new and the price was right. It has the 360 motor and is all original inside and out. The picture is from right after it was delivered to my house. Since then it's been cleaned, garaged, rebuilt the carb and replaced a dry rotted tire with a new white wall tire. My next task is to drop the gas tank and have it cleaned.

The story on the car is the original owners passed away and their granddaughter got the car as part of their estate. Her husband was going to junk it, but she told him to post it up for sale online because someone might want to buy it. Anyway, I'm glad I came to the rescue.

My parents had a new 77 Cadet Blue 2 door 440 Royal Monaco when I was a kid and I've always wanted one. I gave up searching for an exact match car once I found they were somewhat rare.

100_0665.jpg

100_0665.jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!:sFl_america2:

WOW! That's a looker. ........ welcome to the board.

Good luck with her.

So why would someone consider junking a car like that

WOW! That's a looker. ........ welcome to the board.

Good luck with her.

So why would someone consider junking a car like that

They had it on a trailer ready to haul away when I came across the ad for it. Since they already had it trailered I worked out a deal with them to deliver it to me for an extra cost. I had not seen the car in person, but could tell it was in decent shape, so I told them if they could get it to me they had a deal. Long story short, I paid $950 and that includes them delivering it to me. Not Bad! They were only a couple of hours away.

They had it on a trailer ready to haul away when I came across the ad for it. Since they already had it trailered I worked out a deal with them to deliver it to me for an extra cost. I had not seen the car in person, but could tell it was in decent shape, so I told them if they could get it to me they had a deal. Long story short, I paid $950 and that includes them delivering it to me. Not Bad! They were only a couple of hours away.
Wow, you practically stole it! Nice going.

Welcome to the board, very nice score on the car. :welcome: So the husbands first thought was to scrap car :BangHead::BangHead:, the wife is the smart one in the family. Glad you were able to save the car.

Hey detmatt - I'm a Detroit area native myself!

How long ago were you a Detroiter? What took you to Atlanta? And how do you find a car like that for less then a grand??!!!

I didn't realize you bought that beauty for $950 delivered! What a super score!!!
I would like to see a lot of pictures..........everywhere. Interior, trunk, engine compartment, etc.

Back