any 2nd supporters here that can help out?

I wasn't trying to start a debate honestly. I do agree with all the mental stuff and what not and i am all for gun control..in a way. I find it disturbing that It was easier for me to buy a gun than to get health insurance!!! I also dont oppose "permits" but they shouldn't be decided on by a single individual and have a gazillion rules attached (like the ccw in cali). It should be issued unless close family members could reasonably proof that you have mental issues that could result in violent behavior...for example. then the next step could be a psych eval. Anyways, I am not okay with the 5rd mags and only being allowed to buy 20rds a month and pay 10$ for a background check to buy a 15$ box of ammo. This is pure BS. i shoot 300 rounds between rifles and pistols when i go to the range.

I dont own an AR btw, I dont like them. I live in a relatively bad area, my wife is terrified of shooting but she goes with me and is warming up a bit to it because she knows.... for me...I just have fun, but I know how to be safe and how to handle it, i started shooting air rifle and 22lr im Germany at a gunclub competitively when i was 11. But I am trying to teach her how to be comfortable, again, bad area and we have 3 kids myself and her have to protect.

I have two autistic boys who think that guns are like "call of duty" and i took them and had them shoot my 38 snub nose. Needles to say they walked away from that with a "holy crap" impression. They had no idea about the sound, kick, concussion happening. But i know they aren't ready for more than that unfortunately. And i also made it clear to all my kids to never ever touch the guns when i am not RIGHT THERE. Just like playing with a running jigsaw...commin sense right?

...its all unconstitutional and for most, its written by teenagers who dont know what they are talking about!!!!

That's the sad part. For anyone who actually has an elementary understanding of firearms, these rules and regulations that are proposed are utterly stupid.

I am not okay with the 5rd mags and only being allowed to buy 20rds a month and pay 10$ for a background check to buy a 15$ box of ammo. This is pure BS. i shoot 300 rounds between rifles and pistols when i go to the range.

It would take me a year to save up ammo for one pistol shooting session with that crap. This is just another attempt to push the limits and slowly chip away gun rights through ridiculous regulations. Post up their contact information and I'll send an opposition letter.

I wasn't trying to start a debate honestly. I do agree with all the mental stuff and what not and i am all for gun control..in a way. I find it disturbing that It was easier for me to buy a gun than to get health insurance!!! I also dont oppose "permits" but they shouldn't be decided on by a single individual and have a gazillion rules attached (like the ccw in cali). It should be issued unless close family members could reasonably proof that you have mental issues that could result in violent behavior...for example. then the next step could be a psych eval. Anyways, I am not okay with the 5rd mags and only being allowed to buy 20rds a month and pay 10$ for a background check to buy a 15$ box of ammo. This is pure BS. i shoot 300 rounds between rifles and pistols when i go to the range.

I dont own an AR btw, I dont like them. I live in a relatively bad area, my wife is terrified of shooting but she goes with me and is warming up a bit to it because she knows.... for me...I just have fun, but I know how to be safe and how to handle it, i started shooting air rifle and 22lr im Germany at a gunclub competitively when i was 11. But I am trying to teach her how to be comfortable, again, bad area and we have 3 kids myself and her have to protect.

I have two autistic boys who think that guns are like "call of duty" and i took them and had them shoot my 38 snub nose. Needles to say they walked away from that with a "holy crap" impression. They had no idea about the sound, kick, concussion happening. But i know they aren't ready for more than that unfortunately. And i also made it clear to all my kids to never ever touch the guns when i am not RIGHT THERE. Just like playing with a running jigsaw...commin sense right?
Kenbel, I've had many occasions to bust Several Hundred Caps in ah day too when I've go to the range, and I've been Hand Loading sense the mid '60s to try and keep the cost down. And BigblueC, I'm another one of the Ex .. Uncle Sams Misguided Children too. I have a letter I received in 1957 From the C.G. on 29 Palms, Ca. Marine Base that I keep in the same envelope with My Honorable DD214 saying that I hold the highest score ever recorded on 29 Palms with a BAR. When I went in for the shipping overtwo weeks before discharge the Gunny looked up at me after he shouted Next! Olson, Get the F*** out of here and by the way Jar Head, your record still stands with the BAR for the whole Corp NOW so the Coronal apparently said to Gunny that the C.G. had told him. (I still smile 'bout that)Shot expert with the M1 and expert with the 1911 45 for all the yearz I waz on active duty and shot competitively in the Corp and for 20+ yearz after discharge. SIDE BAR to laugh at. When The Tower in Austin Tejas on the Long Horn Campus waz used az a sniper vantage point for the carnage done there in the fall of '66. It was two dayz after that incident that I carried a custom made 300 Remington Magnum rifle(with 10 power scope) cross campus in Michigan to my class assigned sales presentation on my subject of choice to about 40 Class mates. Yes ah few eye brows were raised but no one uttered a word of the 40 including the prof. But they all knew I waz ex Military and so did the Prof. the Prof. And were all 18-19 YOs and the prof waz 25 or so like me at the time. Az was my custom even back then, the Ammo was locked in my trunk off campus. Anyone ever heard of a Winslow center bore Rifle? Started Manufacturing in the early '60s and by 1970 it was no more? Another fine custom big Bore Rifle that didn't live long. Another one of My Storyz too weird to make up, Jer

Last edited:
That's the sad part. For anyone who actually has an elementary understanding of firearms, these rules and regulations that are proposed are utterly stupid.

It would take me a year to save up ammo for one pistol shooting session with that crap. This is just another attempt to push the limits and slowly chip away gun rights through ridiculous regulations. Post up their contact information and I'll send an opposition letter.

The gun control crowd is pissed that they have made little progress towards banning semi-automatic firearms at the national level. The next big play for the gun control crowd will be to strictly regulate the types and amounts of ammunition available. We already have seen a test run of sorts when the Obummer administration created massive shortages buy ramping up government purchases well above and beyond any legitimate needs. Much of the over purchased ammo wound up being destroyed because of poor storage or turned over to the military for disposition. Sad part was that the military has no use for many of the rounds, such as 40 S&W that were bought in massive quantities for the FBI and ATF.

Dave

The gun control crowd is pissed that they have made little progress towards banning semi-automatic firearms at the national level. The next big play for the gun control crowd will be to strictly regulate the types and amounts of ammunition available.

Dave, I think you are absolutely right. I do see one other move that I think will be coming, if it isn't already here, and that is attacking the supply of various parts (triggers, bolt carriers, barrels, etc.) under the guise of "ghost guns".

Also, talking about the government buying up ammo during the Obummer admin, a few months ago I was looking for some articles from circa 2013 that I remember reading about how the ATF/FBI had something like 9 Billion rounds on hand, but it appears that google has scrubbed them. Weird.

Dave, I think you are absolutely right. I do see one other move that I think will be coming, if it isn't already here, and that is attacking the supply of various parts (triggers, bolt carriers, barrels, etc.) under the guise of "ghost guns".

Also, talking about the government buying up ammo during the Obummer admin, a few months ago I was looking for some articles from circa 2013 that I remember reading about how the ATF/FBI had something like 9 Billion rounds on hand, but it appears that google has scrubbed them. Weird.

As a policy consideration to the Obummer administration, google considered scrubbing their search engine of firearms ads and ammo ads. They caught a ration of **** over the proposal and it was quietly dropped.

The "Ghost Gun" loophole would be high on the control crowd's agenda. Has not got much traction nationally because to date no one has used a ghost in a mass shooting or other serious crime. Certain locations, such as the People's Republic of Kalifornika have not only banned so called assault weapons but also all parts for them. Interestingly one of the major suppliers of ghost receivers is located in, of all places, California.

Dave

BigBlueC. Yeah the Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR) was a 20 round magazine feed 30.06 ammunition firearm W/ a flip up butt plate to rest on top of your shoulder. In the prone position on the BIPOD LEGZ in fully automatic it startz to "DANCE" after TWO roundz. The trick iz to squeeze 'um off 1 at ah time with ah 1/10 of ah second pause between each squeeze. That way the recoil iz gone between each squeeze and it doesn't magnify the squeezes and Dance? And that leedz to many many Holez in the ten ring at 200,300, and 500 yard line az I found out, lol. Jer

Last edited:
did It make any difference shooting it in the slow fire mode? I find the BAR quite fascinating...

PS: I personally love ghost guns, but thats the engineer and tinkerer in me. they arent as scary as it sounds. I like them because of availability... you can get partakits and whatnot and build guns you would normally not find in a store anywhere. Also..i doubt that you average mentally ill kid could put that together, you have to actually MACHINE so e parts for it.

Last edited:
No Knebel, In fact it gave you time to breath between squeezes. 200 and 300 yardz were 20+20 roundz at each distance, half slow and half Rapid fire. I didn't miss the bullz eye at the 200 or 300 Yard Line even once. 500 yardz waz the test at 10 roundz of all slow fire and what I did waz make it sound like I gave just that. 10 roundz with a possible of 5 points each bullz eye totaling 50. When I re-set My sight aperture for the 500 I F*** up and got the RED FLAG, which waz called "Maggies Drawers" indicated a Clear Miss(down 5 out of a possible 205) heading for a possible 250 for perfect. After starting over and re-setting my site aperture from 0 yardz to 500, My Heart waz pounding like ah drum after that complete miss. I went thru' the last 9 shots loosing 14 more points for a final score of 231. 31 points above expert. Unheard of with the BAR. Who Knew? I didn't? I don't even think about what might have been, But I have never forgotten either. All in all, ah Warm 'N Fuzzy Memory of ah long time ago. Jer

Last edited:
Seemz I remember that Switzerland had? ah pretty good Idea and I think it's still going on. Two yearz Mandatory Military Service and they keep their issued firearm when they rejoin the ranks of the discharged Vets. Ever here of the crap we have going on here in that country? Me neither, Jer

So this is how they deal with the opposers.

2019-02-02_00.27.41.jpg

First thing, I suggest you charge your phone.:D Second I would resend the message without "objection" in your subject line. Also I'm guessing that this person has some sort of social media so I would look to post that "deleted without being read" message that you have out in the open and just call them out where everyone can see it. And be polite, but hit them in the mouth while being polite.

Now that I know who to send it to I sent this:

Rep Salinas, I am completely opposed to all of SB501. It is a clear violation of our constitutional rights as American citizens. I demand that you withdraw any and all support of SB501, and refrain from supporting any further nonsense like it.

To the staff reading this, thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Short and sweet. Lets see if I get a rejection letter too.

Three week days have passed since I sent my message and no rejection letter. I think I got them to read it. :thumbsup: Now it looks like people in Connecticut need to send Jillian Gilchrest and Will Haskell some opinions on their new 50% ammo tax. It's always something with these people.:mad:

Three week days have passed since I sent my message and no rejection letter. I think I got them to read it. :thumbsup: Now it looks like people in Connecticut need to send Jillian Gilchrest and Will Haskell some opinions on their new 50% ammo tax. It's always something with these people.:mad:

I dont get why they do that. I'd be more okay with a 50% tax on starbucks and iphones

Back