Any clue?

furyus 67

Reaction score
I figured I might try to tap into the accumulative intelligence that is on this forum . I've done a couple google searches and haven't been able to find any like these. My 1st thought was boat lights but I can't find any that look like these. They are old enough to to have glass lenses. What do you guys think?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Because of the lens color we can definitely narrow it down to marine use.

Not that the old classic dressers didn't borrow lights from every type of vehicle...

duo_fulldresser.jpg

Green is marine lol. These were in the shed of my 94 yr old neighbor that passed back in sept. Another neighbor bought the house to improve and sell it , also to some what to control who may buy it. They were just throwing stuff in a dumpster and I had to stop them and go through some stuff.

Now I know I'm getting old. Those are ancient clearance lights from the fifties used on everything from trucks to bikes with cars and boats in between. Use was determined by lens color - red out back for brake lights, green or white on the bow of a boat, yellow for turn signals and the blue ones went in the upper corners of you windshield inside the car. Now if you could only find a fifties steering wheel knob. And dig deep and you just might find a string of fluff balls that went across the inside top of the windshield to give the over sized dice, hanging from the mirror, company. And lets not forget the "bobble" head hula dancer on the dash and the dog sitting about center of the rear pakage tray with it's head bobbing up and down.

Back