Anybody have keepsakes from previous cars?

cbarge

World Famous Barge in a Budget
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Call it as part of the Mopar hoarding dizzeeze..
When I said goodbye to my beloved 68 VIP 22 years ago, as a souvenier or keepsake I kept the script from the front grille.
I look at it everyday when I get dressed since it is in my closet.
Other cars I had or scrapped I kept spare keys, fender tags and broadcast sheets. I hung hubcaps or licence plates on the rafters, etc.
I no longer have the cars but always have a piece of them somewhere that reminds me where I was or what I was doing at that time in my life with cars..lol
Anyone else?

20220118_232028.jpg

My first car a 70 Dart Swinger, lemon twist yellow and the ice scraper had a yellow handle. I used the scraper this morning , parted ways with the car in 1980.

In a parts car glove box I found a collection letter, a small picture of a dude (like passport or mug shot), a spoon and lighter. I kept the spoon.

still got the keys and license plate off my first car from 71...and the door off my first race car (also from 71)

I have the prior/original owner's registration from when I bought this car about 20 years ago (sold it in around 2003 or so), which helped me confirm it was my old car in this thread:
GT No 3#

When I had this 300, the 'THREE' emblem on the trunklid was getting loose, so I put it on my pegboard for safekeeping while I searched for new barrel clips.
Sold the car, moved to a new house, and still have hte emblem about 15 years later - just on a different pegboard in a different zipcode.

Bottom pic I stumbled across on the 'net one day - the missing emblem (and the off-color touchup on the paint nicks that are barely visible in the photo) told me it was my old car.

1642641737734.png

1642641884785.png

I still have the 2 tickets from a suburban police officer gathered by my ‘68 Roadrunner. The first was “Failure To Use Due Care While Operating A Motor Vehicle”, after the RR did a smoking burnout right in front of him and the second was for “Fictitious Plates”. I reckon he was pi$$ed off. Memories from many moons ago. It wasn’t my fault. Oh and the 383 motor is still in my garage. It’s waiting to be Woke again. Evil little thing.

Bought my 1st 71 NYer in 79. Crashed in 1980. Saved glovebox emblem, and glued it to dash trim of my 77 Cordoba purchased in 81. Still there today.

I'm way too young to have bought these cars new or newish, but my Newport came with the original 1968 title, and actually just a few weeks ago I discovered in the glove box door (those two little compartments) that it had a bunch of old registration cards and a slip from a mechanic's shop from the 90s of an inspection. That made me feel a lot better about the condition of this car (not that I didn't know it was already solid). I slept very good that night.

David -
Do you still have this car?
Was it brown like the Reg shows or was it Dark Burnt Cinammon (FK5?)?
I lost it in a divorce settlement in 1985. Kept tabs on it on till 1998, then it dropped out of sight. It was its original color the entire time I owned it. Sadly it was numbers matching original car under my ownership. Color was a light metallic brown.

I lost it in a divorce settlement in 1985. Kept tabs on it on till 1998, then it dropped out of sight. It was its original color the entire time I owned it. Sadly it was numbers matching original car under my ownership. Color was a light metallic brown.
There is/was a dark cinammon GT on the southside of Indy, I first saw it for sale in 1993 or so, and was still around as of 2003 or so. It was pretty rough in 1993, so not the same car.

I have parts off of several cars 'I've had over the years. I moved going on 28 years ago. I threw away all my furniture and brought a uhaul full of chrysler big blocks and motorcycles. I put motors and transmissions in my father inlaws storage building out of town. Went out there and looked through it all for the first time last year. Grabbed a 383 4 barrel intake that still had fresh looking paint from when I swapped it on to my factory 400 pickup when I was 20.

I accidentally kept the clear center backup light from a 73 fury sedan I had then ended up buying a 73 coupe a couple years ago and it was missing the lens. First timed I ever solved a problem years before having it.

accidentally kept the clear center backup light from a 73 fury sedan I had then ended up buying a 73 coupe a couple years ago and it was missing the lens. First timed I ever solved a problem years before having it.
I kept the outside rear view mirror from my 68 VIP. No pitting and working condition. I installed it 17 years later on my 68 Newport replacing the smashed original mirror.
So when I look into the mirror,I also "look back" to when I had the VIP lol!!

boab june 2017 017.JPG

I have several pieces from cars that I have owned. A piece of bondo from my 65 Mustang, taillights and hubcaps from a 67 Tbird that I destroyed in a demolition derby, a Corvair emblem from a 65 Monza that I painted in 8th grade and my brother died in right up the street from our house in 1984. Several other parts from various less memorable vehicles.

I have the upper and lower rod bearings, mashed together as one from my first /6 blow-up. Actually my first blown up engine ever.
Not the last:(

hard to see a led zeppelin concert stub $7.00 found under the back seat of my 68 newport 4dr.

1642969268844.jpeg

Back