Anyone here knowledgeable in Construction?

Gents,
I talked to the builder last night. He said for strength there is rebar in it, plus there is fiber mesh. He said the approx depth is 5" by house and 4" at garage door. It is 40 grade concrete. He also said (like some of you) that the reason those cuts are there is to channel the crack which is due to shrinkage. He said in 10 years it should still look the same and if it is not separated or offset there is no reason for concern. He swears it is not going to be a problem.

I guess I will try to forget about it......and have a few beers this weekend....or maybe a 6 pack!

I don't think your builder is giving you a line, I would trust him. He has probably used the same concrete guy for years, and his work will reflect on the contractors work. If you said you got this new guy at a great price and gets all his contractors from Craigslist I would be concerned. :)

Enjoy your house, the little things can drive you nuts, but I realize you thought this was something major, so it was good for your to seek out our opinions and experiences.

Cheers!

I guess I will try to forget about it......and have a few beers this weekend....or maybe a 6 pack!

Good advice, life's not long enough to sweat a few little cracks in new concrete. Yes a few beers are called for, but I'm not sure what this "6 pack" thing is all about.

Go Canadian for the week-end ....

xer1ip.png

Or if only a one day deal ...

60 pak.jpg

Caution, Canadian Low Test is the same as American High Test!!
:canada::thumbsup:

So what is the reason for light beer if your going to drink gallons of it? I know, I know, gotta take care of that figure...lol

so in Canada you drink your booze out of a 'vented' can??????? What is that? actually, I have some Yuengling Premium left from my my father-in-law was here over the summer, will prob finish that up.

All I see is about 20 gallons of putrid dish water...
Gawd, that stuff shouldn't be allowed to label itself as beer.
I will not drink that crap.

xer1ip-png.png

This is beer. The only beer I will buy.

steel-reserve1.jpg

so in Canada you drink your booze out of a 'vented' can??????? What is that? actually, I have some Yuengling Premium left from my my father-in-law was here over the summer, will prob finish that up.

The vent is to keep from spraying that crap everywhere when you open.

Now this is what every card carrying c-body guy should have in his frig.

6f0c68ad08c186bd2d37d5334a251401--chocolate-beer-chocolate-cream.jpg

Back