Anyone knows this Californian Gold Newport?

OldD77

Reaction score
Hello folks!
Last year I bought my first C-body over here in Germany, and I only know that it spent most of the time in Los Angeles, but I’d looove to know some background history about this car and it’s life, so I was wondering if anybody might know this car? I am super thankful for any information!
It came to germany in 2018 I think, and Stil has the LA Plate on it with 2021 tags.

Greetings from Germany,
Aron

E8046285-F644-446A-B3F0-1DB62E1901E0.jpeg

LA plate? Do you mean a California plate? There is no LA specific plates.

Oh, sorry, I Mixed that up, it’s a Californian plate. It has a ,,San Fernando Valley Motors“ plate frame, maybe it was sold there when new?

Oh, sorry, I Mixed that up, it’s a Californian plate. It has a ,,San Fernando Valley Motors“ plate frame, maybe it was sold there when new?
Could be. It is a California tradition to put plate frames with the names of the original Dealers on them. I prefer that to some States practice of putting a label on the car by punching holes into the body. Yuck!!! But, the car could have been traded in at one time to that Dealer in San Fernando, and then that Dealer put their frame around the plate. When I see a car like a Mazda driving in front of me with the frame saying, "Toyota of Folsom" on it, I know that car was sold used by another Dealer. Without knowing more, which is what you're seeking, you may never know.

San Fernando Valley Motors sounds like a Used Car lot to me. However, no current business with that name comes up on a search via the Internet.

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation!
Do you think there is actually a chance someone can remember that car or are there to many similar cars in that area?

That would be a long shot. A classic four door chrysler isnt very rare over here, especially in california where rust isnt a factor. It would have to be something really unique.

@OldD77 – i trust you have searched the internet with the VIN?

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation!
Do you think there is actually a chance someone can remember that car or are there to many similar cars in that area?
To be honest, a four-door sedan is not going to have much of a historical following. But what Ayilar suggested could help.

Thanks for your tips! I will try the VIN in the Internet, and very cool photo of the dealership! Maybe I will find some information about that!

Thanks for your tips! I will try the VIN in the Internet, and very cool photo of the dealership! Maybe I will find some information about that!
Itd be cool if you would post the fender tag here, as well as what you learn about the car´s history. Good luck!

CM41M2C180017 is a Newport Custom sedan, painted a very nice GY8 gold with D3Y5 gold bench seat interior. It looks like her original V1W white vinyl top has been replaced by a dark top. Let me know if you need help finding the missing molding on the driver’s front fender.

PS: it’d be great if you could post more photos on the 1972 Chrysler thread.

The white top was sadly already removed when I bought the car. I just sander off the roof and painted it black, a new vinyl top comes on it this weekend :D
Do you have the trim for the front portion of the fenders? Both sides are missing sadly… would be great If I could find these!

So I found something!
I found the old picture with the charger, and googled the address! It’s still a dodge dealer today, how cool is that!

5C7E5753-3D4F-49A2-9D2D-8D07716C26A4.jpeg

7FB4544D-A927-4CB0-A235-3E66762AFED1.jpeg

Back