Are these hi po exhaust manifolds? - 383

barsteel

Reaction score
Hello!

As the date approaches to pick up the built 440 for my '65 Fury, I'm trying to gather the parts that I'll need.

Since the 440 will want to breathe, I want to put headers on it. I can get them from TTI, but they will set me back almost $800 in plain uncoated steel.

I've seen several posts saying that the stock Mopar hi-po exhaust manifolds are fairly good performers. I've included 2 pics of the manifolds on 383 that's in the car (original engine, I do believe).

Are these the hi-po manifolds? If yes, I will probably use them. If not, looks like I have to open the wallet...

Unless, of course, someone reading this thread has a pair kicking around that they'd consider parting with.

Thanks...

Chris

20160602_151706_resized.jpg

20160602_151656_resized.jpg

Hello!

As the date approaches to pick up the built 440 for my '65 Fury, I'm trying to gather the parts that I'll need.

Since the 440 will want to breathe, I want to put headers on it. I can get them from TTI, but they will set me back almost $800 in plain uncoated steel.

I've seen several posts saying that the stock Mopar hi-po exhaust manifolds are fairly good performers. I've included 2 pics of the manifolds on 383 that's in the car (original engine, I do believe).

Are these the hi-po manifolds? If yes, I will probably use them. If not, looks like I have to open the wallet...

Unless, of course, someone reading this thread has a pair kicking around that they'd consider parting with.

Thanks...

Chris

They're identical to my own, on my 383 w a 2 bbl Stromberg WWC. If you ever want to sell the 383, drop me a line.

Yes, stock manifolds, and HP motors are not painted blue either.

I'm with Gerald on that 383; if you want to sell....

They are the Two barrel variety.
I had those on my 65 Sport Fury and all I can say is that they were terrible manifolds. At least go with the HP manifolds shown in one of the posted replies. those log style manifolds are not worth anything. I have a set of Schumacher shorties and they are great but I am stepping up to the TTI full length ones as I am also adding an 8-71 supercharger.
Too much is not enough!

The TTI headers are on order. Guess you have to pay for quality - OUCH!!! - $900+ for the ceramic coated ones 'cause the warranty on the bare steel ones sucks.

Chris

Lil late to the party, Hedman or Hookers work just fine too, but if you can swing the TTIs, more power to ya!

Back