SOLD Attn: audiophiles. Marantz 2238B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will, I love it. It would be a nice upgrade to my early '80's JVC receiver. If you still have this when (if?) Carlisle comes around, let me know. However I would want you to test it.

Bill

Very nice piece!
Love to have it but I am well set up for now
I am a headbanger from the 80's..
1983 Technics reciever with early Mach One speakers 15" woofers and JVC 8" secondary speakers with a Dual 515 turntable..
I did DJ a few parties with this and it had its share of bumps and scrapes but still kicks ***!!
Yes the dogs hide under the bed and nieghbours know when I am home when I crank this monster up!!
stereo 001.JPG

stereo 002.JPG

stereo 003.JPG

Do you still have it. If so, how does it play and sound? Any issues with the tuner lights etc or a scratchy sound? I know someone who collects these.

I powered it up today, with a pair of old BOSE speakers that are not up to the task of this receiver. I had forgotten what this thing sounded like and the clean sound it is capable of.
All the lights lit up, meters work, and it responded to all the control functions. This thing is BAD ***! quarter volumn is the most I dared with the speakers shone. I think they will go directly into the dumpster.

I haven,t sold it, but am already having sellers remorse. It's hell being a horder.

DSC05698.JPG
DSC05699.JPG
DSC05700.JPG
DSC05701.JPG
DSC05702.JPG
DSC05703.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back