Badge Id needed

CanCritter

Reaction score
was wondering if this is for a S-23 or just a basic Sport fury badge?

DSCN9527.JPG

I looked up the part number in my collection of parts list books, no hits. There are zero starting with 3568. This probably means an earlier number was superseded. All the '70 Sport Fury trunk badges are vertical, ie the color bars are below the key hole. Fury I, II and III don't have the color bars. In '71 the Sport Fury badges are horizontal with the color bars to the left of the key hole. The badge you have looks to be used on the '71 Sport Fury. Definitely not an S23, they used standard '70 badges.

perfect...wasn't shure...so basicly that's a standard base "Sport Fury" badge..thanx fellas

'71 Sport Fury, page 23-537 in the '70-'71 parts book. It's the 4-door page, but it's the same for a 2-door. Was there a '71 S-23 ?
Capture h.PNG

Good find! I search the numeric index for the 3568 568 number and it wasn't listed. I'm not surprised however, those lists were probably hand produced and are known for errors here and there. No S-23 in '71, it was a special one time deal in 1970.

I believe when you are trying to obtain trim numbers that are referenced in the parts books from the "photos" of the various models, those specific numbers do not usually show up in the index. Same with wheel lip moldings that are referenced from the "photos".

Back