Barrett-Jackson 2017

ch1014-195832_1-jpg.113138

I remember going to a Dodge dealer, picking one of these up, driving it home and converting it to this SS/E.

wally's dodge.jpg

The color keyed bumpers and blacked out trim on the top one only looked good for a few minutes in the mid nineties, maybe earlier. 14" wheels are not good either too small and to get decent overall diameter to run 75-80 mph with traffic.

Oh and I might add getting passed at 75mph because you are at 3600 rpm (over halfway through you rpm range) by a 20 something girl in a Prius is a instant manhood deflater.
I had blacked out hood trim and grille/bezels in my Dart when I got it in the mid 90's and it was stupid then. One of the best feelings parts hunting was getting bright trim to replace the painted stuff.

I have 14" slots and have one more set of tires to use before I go to 15" wheels. I can't find a set of 15" slots for less than new pricing, but the new ones are chrome and I have satin now.

When I go to the big show up here in the Twin Cities area, I keep it around 70mph and it's about the only time I'm not passing every car ahead of me. But seeing ANY Iowan pass me sucks (they tend to drive slowly).

[QUOTE="commando1,
If I've insulted anyone and they are ready to quit the Forum.... Again...
It's only up for a day.[/QUOTE]

I just thought you were being very insightful Stan.

Back