before / after tti exhaust vid

MOVE N UP

Reaction score
Okay, the install went pretty well, I only had one issue that I had to figure out ( tailpipe hanger locations need to be mounted on the outside of the frame rails - just forward of the rear spring shackle ) But overall a great engineered system, that I was very able to install with just a floor jack and stands. The total time to remove old and install new was @7hrs with hand tools. I am extremely satisfied with the new 2-1/2 tti system - I had NO clearance issues and everything lined up fantastic!!
Here is a short video for sound comparison

That's the sound I like to hear! Sounds a lot like my Fury... Congratulations!

Looks like a '70 T/A next to it...
What motor is in the D100.. That is very nice looking....

Looks like a '70 T/A next to it...
What motor is in the D100.. That is very nice looking....

That is my 2009 Challenger Classic! .....I sold my D100 with a 360 4bbl last May = in order to raise the $$$$ to buy my 68 300!!

Sounds really good - just a bit deeper than the stock mufflers. Are those the Dynomax mufflers that came with TTI's setup?

Okay, the install went pretty well, I only had one issue that I had to figure out ( tailpipe hanger locations need to be mounted on the outside of the frame rails - just forward of the rear spring shackle ) But overall a great engineered system, that I was very able to install with just a floor jack and stands. The total time to remove old and install new was @7hrs with hand tools. I am extremely satisfied with the new 2-1/2 tti system - I had NO clearance issues and everything lined up fantastic!!

Just starting to install a TTi exhaust on my '65 Monaco, and all the rear brackets use no mounting holes so far. The tail pipe hangers, or the muffler hangers...
The brackets for the muffler hangers seemed to go on fine, other than it being a real pain to get a drill up over the top shock mounts to drill holes for them..
The rear hanger is supposed to go into the rear frame rail, but there is no hold there, and the supplied bolts are not long enough to go all the way through the frame rail. Did you run into this as well? I'm debating whether I should go all the way through and go buy longer bolts, or buy self tapping bolts and only go into one side of the frame rail?
Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Just starting to install a TTi exhaust on my '65 Monaco, and all the rear brackets use no mounting holes so far. The tail pipe hangers, or the muffler hangers...
The brackets for the muffler hangers seemed to go on fine, other than it being a real pain to get a drill up over the top shock mounts to drill holes for them..
The rear hanger is supposed to go into the rear frame rail, but there is no hold there, and the supplied bolts are not long enough to go all the way through the frame rail. Did you run into this as well? I'm debating whether I should go all the way through and go buy longer bolts, or buy self tapping bolts and only go into one side of the frame rail?
I do not have a TTI system, but when I hung the dual exhaust on my '69 NY, I used self tappers through one side of the frame only. It has been solid for several years and counting. If you size the hole right, I imagine it will hold very nicely.

I drilled, then tapped the holes into the frame rail to accept the hardware...It worked fine!

I have been using TTI exhaust 2,5 inch with Dynomax 17748 Super Turbo Muffler ony my 69 Polara with 383 2bbl for about 6 years. While I love the rumble on idle, I find them way too load while WOT or even crusing +65MPH. The exit of the duals have turn downs and are past the rear fender.

Does anyone was actually trying to quiet this TTI exhaust down? Perhaps with different mufflers or resonators? The Dynomax 17748 have 20inch long case, so the problem is not being a short muffler I guess.

Btw I have a convertible, so maybe this fact influence the feeling of the noise..

I went ahead and just installed a replacement mufflers, to get rid of the Dynomax Turbos. I have choosen the Walker Quiet flow mufflers PN 21856, which turns out being direct fit despite shorter total lenght compare to original (23 vs 25,5inch).

The new mufflers require to settle down, I drove only 15 miles perhaps so far. But what a difference in the noise level under the full throttle. At steady cruising speed in the town, they are nicely quiet but under the throttle makes nice burbling sound. At idle, sound is comperable, only higher tone.

Dynomax, IMHO, were just too noisy. But I realize, that most of you loves yours Dynomax. There is video after installation.

20170613_215406.jpg

I took pics when I installed mine 2 years ago and I drilled through the frame rails and used a bolt and nut combo. Here's a link to the page I have the pics.

Anyone have tti headers or exhaust on their C body?

The bolts through the frame rails isn't perfect but since I'm keeping the car for as long as I can drive, I'm fine with it. Hope that helps.

And I have yet to post a video that I said I would. I like the sound of the Dynomax mufflers, I was going to put Flowmasters on, but I think I'll keep the Super Turbos on for a while. At 70 it has a rumble but I can talk to a passenger, if I had any! I could see a convertible being noisy compared to a hardtop.

Back