Big easy, New orleans.

Really incredible as usual! Thanks for sharing Will.

Is there a message behind the green finger nails ? ;)

I never know what to expect when she comes home from the nail shop. The range seems to be Teal, competition yellow, lime green, plum purple and sometimes a sedate crimson red to match Jazebelle.
But what the heck, she's a red head and can do whatever she wants.

Never boring Will, glad to see your opinion has not changed, Herb is a great guy period.

Bob you know that Mardi gra is the cele ration before Lent and we are halfway to Easter.

Never boring Will, glad to see your opinion has not changed, Herb is a great guy period.

I've always had great respect for Herb Mc Candless. I was in reference to Rob Wolfe of MCC. Self proclaimed worlds greatest authority on Mopars. He seemed uncomfortable being in the company of others way more knowledgable then him.

Bob you know that Mardi gra is the cele ration before Lent and we are halfway to Easter.

OK.....after Mardi Gras is cool too.

Just bustin your stones Bob :poke:

Rob is good at knowing what to write to sell magazines, pick a product and he would be a good choice to edit a magazine on it.

Rob is good at knowing what to write to sell magazines, pick a product and he would be a good choice to edit a magazine on it.

His method of editing seems to me to be a form letter with the subject info updated. Aside from being very bias towards B & E body's. Just not very creative in his features and a lot of misinformation has appeared in MCC. Not good for the casual reader. (Wanna know where some of the car show attendee's get their "wrong" facts.....?)
His feature photographer was also at the event in New Orleans. I'm not sure if there was any future feature cars, or event photo's shot, but there were cars there that met his criteria I would think some info was gathered.

I gave up on MCC and don't even give it a glance, just pisses me off. It is great for supplier info though.

His method of editing seems to me to be a form letter with the subject info updated. Aside from being very bias towards B & E body's. Just not very creative in his features and a lot of misinformation has appeared in MCC. Not good for the casual reader. (Wanna know where some of the car show attendee's get their "wrong" facts.....?)
His feature photographer was also at the event in New Orleans. I'm not sure if there was any future feature cars, or event photo's shot, but there were cars there that met his criteria I would think some info was gathered.

I gave up on MCC and don't even give it a glance, just pisses me off. It is great for supplier info though.

Did his photographer take any pictures of Jezzabelle?

X2... Still stand by that he is good for selling magazines correct info be damned. Also while we are on this he strikes me as the kind of guy that on the way home says "not that many good cars there" missing all the gems that were really there.

All the gems only go to the MCG Bash at the Playboy Mansion.
The trouble is on what he sees as gems and I see as gems...

He may have Bob. I spent a lot of time away from her looking at cars and chatting with new friends. But then she's a C body, not much chance of showing up in the rag.

Maybe.......

Jezzabelle is an exceptional beauty.

But to what info would an article be written up on this car without Meeting the owner.

But to what info would an article be written up on this car without Meeting the owner.

I have been involved in magazine photo shoots in the past.
Usually the photographer will ask the owner/representative of a vehicle for permission. Then it will be moved to a close location pre selected by the photographer for the shoot which will include many shots of the vehicle, interior, underhood and any items of special interest. Also, specific information about the vehicle and it's history is collected.

As nice as Jazebelle is, she is really a used car now. The mags like to shoot barn finds, survivors and fresh restorations.

Here's a photo shoot done at the Charlotte Motor Speedway way back in 93 by Super Ford magazine. A 65 Shelby Cobra, CSX 3015, still owned by Lee Morse, then director of racing at FoMoCo. Body restored in England and the mechanical in our shop, mostly my project. I used to love this duty......

Cobra Super Ford (Medium).jpg

I have had a long work week and not much time to peruse the threads of FCBO. Yours was one I wanted to read, what a great trip. We are all envious of your trips, you know how to enjoy your "retirement" and making the most out of it.
:beerchug:

Please share more about this Will. What is your background in this area ???

I worked in livonia Michigan at Roush industries from 1988 to 1995. The Special vehicles area of Roush racing. A lot of original and Auto Kraft Cobras came through our shop. We were a team of 6-7 guys and worked closely with the Ford SVO team.
Everything from restoring early V8 fords to Trans am GTO, GTP, and vintage USAC and NASCAR builds. If you ever get to the Roush museum, There are several of my restorations there.

The best part of that job was road trips with guys like Bob Nagstad, (retired Ford engineer involved with the prototype Mustang build and designer of the GT40 chassis & suspension), Dave Lyle, (Ford factory drag racer), Larry Shinota, (Designer, 63 Corvette, Boss 302 & 429), and every now and then Jack Roush would jump in the van with us.
I learned a bunch listening to the stories that pool of geniuses would tell.

I also became best friends with Ted Musgrave when he came to drive for Jack. We once took a week, flew to ElPaso TX, rented a van and drove all over SE New Mexico visiting every salvage yard and car stash we came up on. Filled the van with parts and then shipped them home from ElPaso and flew back. Ted ended up buying two 58 Buicks out of a salvage yard in Roswell, had them shipped home to NC and restored the pink & white special 2door H/T.

Probably the best job I ever had. But wanderlust and the cold Michigan winters got the better of me and I moved to North Carolina in 95, started over and never looked back.

Back