Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

70NPORT

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
383 2 BBL. 727 trans. with only 37,500 miles. Mostly all original parts. This car could be a daily driver or an easy restore. Runs and drives like new. $6300

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/3162741229.html
1969 Chrysler Newport 78.jpg1969 Chrysler Newport 79.jpg1969 Chrysler Newport 77.jpg

1969 Chrysler Newport 77.jpg

1969 Chrysler Newport 79.jpg

1969 Chrysler Newport 78.jpg

Yep, there's another beauty with a more realistic price. Great license plate too!

Appears to be in amazing condition, too nice to be a daily.....no offense.

No, original 40+ year old cars this nice with little to no rust should not be driven with accumulative moisture on the ground.

Drive it.....!

No, original 40+ year old cars this nice with little to no rust should not be driven with accumulative moisture on the ground.

I think they all should be driven..... What good are they if not......?
A green Newport with few options..... HUmmmmm.. Judging by the opinions of some here........ This should be around a $800.00 car.:yes_no:

Last edited:

I think they all should be driven..... What good are they if not......? AMEN. What's the fun in owning if you cannot enjoy/use it. No fun in just watching chrome sparkle.

A green Newport with few options..... HUmmmmm.. Judging by the opinions of some here........ This should be around a $800.00 car. Naaaaah. If the car truly is as it is portrayed in the photos, I'd have no problem coughing up half that asking price. Any higher and I'd start forcing myself to walk away.

I think they all should be driven..... What good are they if not......? AMEN. What's the fun in owning if you cannot enjoy/use it. No fun in just watching chrome sparkle.

A green Newport with few options..... HUmmmmm.. Judging by the opinions of some here........ This should be around a $800.00 car. Naaaaah. If the car truly is as it is portrayed in the photos, I'd have no problem coughing up half that asking price. Any higher and I'd start forcing myself to walk away.

Using it is one thing but dragging it through the snow and salt covered streets is something different. I'd consider it a fair weather driver.

Is that car green? Not on my screen.

Using it is one thing but dragging it through the snow and salt covered streets is something different. I'd consider it a fair weather driver.

I agree, that would not be conducive to keeping the body in such great shape. One would need to be diligent with periodically spraying the body/underside to rinse as much of that rust enabling "street soup" crap off. Years ago I did that with a Fury we and it worked pretty well...........pain in the ***, but hey no such thing as a free lunch.

Not on mine either, looks like.....baby blue?

Not on mine either, looks like.....baby blue?

That car is green. The sun and the camera angle may give the illusion that it's a light blue. I like that green color quite a bit. IMHO, as long as there is NO SALT on the road (and the wipers work) I'm going for a cruise.

No its not, its A4 I dont know what the correct 1969 name is but there is no way that car is green.

Color.....?

No its not, its A4 I dont know what the correct 1969 name is but there is no way that car is green.

A4 is Platinum on the 69 Chrysler color chart..... You've got good eyes if you can read the fender tag from these pictures......
I think it's F3..... surf green.

What a difference between a dealer selling a car and a private owner. This could be a #2 car and the value is estimated at $8,000 in perfect conditions. This owner is priced reasonably.

I'm going with silver on this one. I can see where you'd say it's frost green but I think we're seeing reflections from the sky on the hood and the other 2 exterior shots look more A4. That car I would consider well bought for the $6,300 they're asking and I'd drive it any chance I got!

Color....

I'm going with silver on this one. I can see where you'd say it's frost green but I think we're seeing reflections from the sky on the hood and the other 2 exterior shots look more A4. That car I would consider well bought for the $6,300 they're asking and I'd drive it any chance I got!

Y'all are probably right about the color. A4 Platinum is a beautiful color and likely pretty rare.
I'm betting there is a little negiotiating room on the car but $6300.00 is not a bad price for a car like that... (based on the photo's).

I agree too on the A4...very rare color since the metallic used in the paint had a tendency to not adhere to the primer...thus it would start to flake and peal after only a couple years. Gorgeous car, and the price is reasonable. I'd pay that in a heart beat for a nice clean rust free car.

Platinum or mist green. It looks great! I emailed the seller and asked what color is it. No response yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back