Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a reply from the seller. The car is in storage and he's going to send the paint code on Wednesday.

Yep, some of us die hards out here will undertake extra measures in order to be able to enjoy/drive their rides year long....its truly a "labor of love" thing I guess.

Platinum and surf green both look great. I haven't seen any other cars painted in either color.

I left the Detroit and the rust belt in 95 and moved south..... never looked back.
The long, cold winters was the motivating factor. It was fine when I was a kid and didn't have to deal with it on a daily schedule.

I traded for long HOT summers and have no regrets. Spring starts early Feburary and stays really nice until about mid June..... Then it gets HOT... untill late August when things go back to pleasent till early December when winter comes.... It might get cold... and I've even seen it snow here. (1/2 " here is like 2' of snow in Michigan, These folks can't even drive in the rain). I sometimes miss the cool summer evenings in Michigan but south is where i'm staying.

I love driving my old mopars, (daily driver is a 64 D200 crewcab sweptline), and the 69 300 is the newest car I own. The long driving season makes it hard to get work done but am making progress on the 300 and hope to drive her to Daytona for the Turkey run at Thanksgiving.

Last edited:
I left the Detroit and the rust belt in 95 and moved south..... never looked back.
The long, cold winters was the motivating factor. It was fine when I was a kid and didn't have to deal with it on a daily schedule.

I traded for long HOT summers and have no regrets. Spring starts early Feburary and stays really nice until about mid June..... Then it gets HOT... untill late August when things go back to pleasent till early December. Then winter comes.... It might get cold... and I've even seen it snow here. (1/2 " here is like 2' of snow in Michigan, These folks can't even drive in the rain). I sometimes miss the cool summer evenings in Michigan but south is where i'm staying.

I did the same. Retired in Maryland instead of going back to Wisconsin. It can get cold and it snows in Maryland somewhat. Nothing like Wisconsin. We got very little if any snow last year. Great for me driving the NY'er almost all winter as long as there is no salt on the road. Funny you mentioned can't drive in the rain. Same $hit here. And when it does snow here...just a dusting and there's cars upside down in the ditches here. Terrible drivers here.

Yep, some of us die hards out here will undertake extra measures in order to be able to enjoy/drive their rides year long....its truly a "labor of love" thing I guess.

Do what you want and call it what you want, your still subjecting it to a slow and rusty demise.

Do what you want and call it what you want, your still subjecting it to a slow and rusty demise.

Maybe, maybe not. All depends on how well the car is looked after; for me that's a very small price to potentially pay in exchange for the sheer enjoyment I get to experience. I could not bring myself to keep my machine parked more than the amount of time it's driven even if I had more space.

I traded for long HOT summers and have no regrets. Spring starts early Feburary and stays really nice until about mid June..... Then it gets HOT... untill late August when things go back to pleasent till early December. Then winter comes.... It might get cold... and I've even seen it snow here. (1/2 " here is like 2' of snow in Michigan, These folks can't even drive in the rain). I sometimes miss the cool summer evenings in Michigan but south is where i'm staying.

I did the same. Retired in Maryland instead of going back to Wisconsin. It can get cold and it snows in Maryland somewhat. Nothing like Wisconsin. We got very little if any snow last year. Great for me driving the NY'er almost all winter as long as there is no salt on the road. Funny you mentioned can't drive in the rain. Same $hit here. And when it does snow here...just a dusting and there's cars upside down in the ditches here. Terrible drivers here.

The WORSE drivers are in NJ, closely followed by Philadelphia.

Maybe, maybe not. All depends on how well the car is looked after;

:bs_flag: Regardless of how well you take care of it the rain,salt, snow and ice will find its way into every area it can, under moldings, through the trunk seal and rot out the pan, get under the vinyl top and eat at it from the inside out. Leaves are going to get into the cowl and down into the fenders and block the water channels and you wont know any of it until its too late. That'll be when the dash pad cracks from the car sitting out in the sun and the humidity tearing up the interior and fading the paint.

Go ahead drive that car.........you can have this not garaged,
210382 2003 rear.JPG

Or this.........garaged
Copy of 187134 2007 right.jpg

210382 2003 rear.JPG

Copy of 187134 2007 right.jpg

I think we can agree worse drivers on I-95 from Jersey to Miami.

:bs_flag: Regardless of how well you take care of it the rain,salt, snow and ice will find its way into every area it can, under moldings, through the trunk seal and rot out the pan, get under the vinyl top and eat at it from the inside out. Leaves are going to get into the cowl and down into the fenders and block the water channels and you wont know any of it until its too late. That'll be when the dash pad cracks from the car sitting out in the sun and the humidity tearing up the interior and fading the paint.

Go ahead drive that car.........you can have this not garaged,
View attachment 4043

Or this.........garaged
View attachment 4044

Well, I certainly do plan to keep doing so, but using that raggedy Dodge as an example of what could happen is sheer paranoia. At one time I pushed around a crappy four banger Hyundai Excel to keep another car I owned off the road (71' Plymouth Sport Fury). Eventually, I just got tired of that and decided I got more enjoyment driving it than keeping it parked so I dumped the Korean buzz bomb and I'm glad I did. Its been the same way ever since. That route is not for everyone clearly, but I have no regrets and loved every car intensely since.

8-4-car-show-model-t-800x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back