Black hood?

Here is a bigger photo of both the window sticker and build sheet. Thanks for all of your input.

bigger build sheet.jpgbigger window sticker.jpg

bigger build sheet.jpg

bigger window sticker.jpg

Got some bad news......
True classics are cars reconized by the
Classic Car Club of America, (CCCA). There are no Chevys on their list.

That is their opinion of a classic.....not mine

The Classic Car Club of America is a copyright name and has been around since the 50's.
They designate classic cars by definition.

Yours is just your opinion.
:poke:

You asked for photos...here they are...probably too many!

Very nice car REJ and definitely not too many. I agree with Stan .. almost certainly the result of some type of accident not necessary with another car and probably not long before parked in the 'barn' since it wasn't repainted. I would say it was a take off from a junked black car and it definitely wasn't rattle can'd by anyone from looking at the condition of the black paint.

Are you keeping it or selling? If selling repainting the hood is absolutely the way to go. If you are keeping it and you like the black hood I'd remove the 383 Commando emblem from the hood, paint the cowl, and re-paint the hood with organisol. The chrome emblem wouldn't go/match the organisol blacked out hood treatment.

Nice find anyway.

The Classic Car Club of America is a copyright name and has been around since the 50's.
They designate classic cars by definition.

Yours is just your opinion.
:poke:

Yes they designate classic cars by their definition for their own purposes however the Classic Car Club of America does not have a copyright on the use of the word classic, just the name of their association and what they deem a classic for the purposes of admission to the same. That in no way excludes the application of the word classic to vehicles not fitting their guidelines.

Bryan are you sure you're not an attorney for the CCC of A?

Rej thanks for posting the bigger pics of the paperwork but I still can't read the build sheet, I know, it's my eyes...

Bryan are you sure you're not an attorney for the CCC of A?

LOL. Wasn't intending to defend them at all. My point was they don't have a monopoly on what is and what isn't a classic.

Is you is or is you ain't a classic! :)

And the a-holes from Bloomington now own the rights to "survivor". Can't use it without their OK.
QUOTE]

Yeah..... Thats a wierd one....... I don't know how they pulled that off.

To be politically correct a "classic" car is as defined by the CCCA.
Anyone with a vintage...collectable.....special interest......exotic.....etc car can call it whatever they wish....... But if represented as a classic car and not reconized by the CCCA as such....... Their incorrect.

Just sayin.......:soapbox:

And the a-holes from Bloomington now own the rights to "survivor". Can't use it without their OK.
QUOTE]

Yeah..... Thats a wierd one....... I don't know how they pulled that off.

To be politically correct a "classic" car is as defined by the CCCA.
Anyone with a vintage...collectable.....special interest......exotic.....etc car can call it whatever they wish....... But if represented as a classic car and not reconized by the CCCA as such....... Their incorrect.

And since I dont recognize them as anything I get to decide, besides, isnt it all opinion?

Thanks for the quick response. Yep! your right...the window sticker says "sure grip" differentail. I didn't think Furys had a black hood option. What is strange, I can't find any sign of original red paint anywhere on the bottom of the hood even in the hard to get to spots under the reinforcing structure. It was a woman who originally purchased the car. The lady passed away a number of years ago and the car just sat in an out building. Her son said the car had a black hood as long as he can remember.

I live in West Richland, WA (south eastern part of state). Car was sold new in Grandview, WA at now defunct Anderson Motor Co. and was always within 40 miles of where it was bought. You asked for photos...here they are...probably too many

!View attachment 11822View attachment 11823View attachment 11824View attachment 11825View attachment 11826View attachment 11827View attachment 11828View attachment 11829View attachment 11821

I reposted those pics because they deserve to be seen again. That car is GORGEOUS! It is hard to believe it is 46 years old and in such condition. Congratulations on a killer find!!!

by their definition and their opinion .....:poke: back at ya

I do know that your opinion is that the CCCA defination of a classic is their opinion.... the fact that they offer a definition,(see below), in my opinion, overrides all opinions by those who do not accept their opinions but also do not offer a validated definition, or opinion.
Am I being clear.....?

Off course this is all just opinion and means nothing to those who's opinion differ.

The Classic Car Club of America defines a Classic as a “Fine” or “Distinctive” automobile, American or foreign built, produced between 1925* and 1948. Generally, a Classic was high-priced when new and was built in limited quantities. Other factors, including engine displacement, custom coachwork and luxury accessories, such as power brakes, power clutch, and “one-shot” or automatic lubrication systems, help determine whether a car is considered to be a Classic.

Back