Body tag decode help 1963 Dodge 880

bikemobile

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m looking for some help with the letter code options on my body tag.

Its a police spec 1963 880. Can anyone tell me what the letter codes mean and the trim code. I sent a request to FCA for a build sheet and they said there are no records.

IMG_5241.jpeg

IMG_5242.jpeg

Real CHP 63 Dodge 880 fender tag. Sorry best pic I have. Should have a white steering wheel.

IMG_3302.JPG

Looks very similar to mine. The letter code options look the same and from what I can tell likely 57 units apart but 5 months apart. Ive read the SO numbers are not always accurate though.

I’ve also tried to get a build sheet from stellantis with no luck. Does anyone have any insight on this?

Date: June 19, 2023 at 10:04:41 AM MDT
To: DANIELLE SZOSTAK <danielle.szostak@stellantis.com>
Subject: Re: Your Build Record Request
Well that's a bummer but thank you.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 8:10 AM DANIELLE SZOSTAK <danielle.szostak@stellantis.com> wrote:
Hello Zak,

Unfortunately, the build record for the serial number, 5933208149, is missing from our microfilm records. We do not have any build records for the 1963 Dodge Police Cars. I am very sorry that there is nothing further that I can provide for your vehicle. I have attached specifications for this model.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Danielle Szostak-Viers

Stellantis Historical Services
12501 Chrysler Freeway
CIMS 410-11-21
Detroit, MI 48288

I’ve also tried to get a build sheet from stellantis with no luck. Does anyone have any insight on this?
You can get a picture copy of the IBM card for your car, not a broadcast sheet.

Danielle.Szostak@Stellantis.com

Above is the contact email. I have done this for four of my cars.

"We have build records from 1930 – 1967 for passenger cars and 1930 – 1954 for Trucks. Anything before or after these years was never transferred to the archives and do not exist within the company. For some reason, the story of the fire within the Chrysler Archives is actually an “urban legend”. There was no fire that destroyed files within the archives. The build records that are missing were simply never passed along to the archives. We have searched for years to find them within the company and they appear to not exist"

Hope this helps.

Back