Bought another one

boostedvan

Reaction score
I bought my 69 Sport Fury a while back because it was a okay price and the body was in decent shape. The downside on my Fury is the condition of the interior. It needs all the seats redone, carpet kit, Headliner, package shelf and the dash pad is toast.
I have been actively looking around locally for parts for my car which hasn't gone terribly well, our local Mopar market has dried up and there isn't much that comes up for sale. I've been running wanted ads looking for parts or complete cars for sale. After three months I got an email from a guy that has a project for sale that he would part with. After hearing the details on the car, I bought it sight unseen and will be picking it up shortly.

The car I bought is a 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible with a E86 440 TNT engine. It is red with a white and black interior, buckets with buddy seat. It has been parked for 13 years now, but is all original and numbers matching and he bought it from the original owner. The 440 in the car was smoking due to dried up valve seals, so the previous owner pulled the heads and sent them out to be machined and freshened up as well as having the carb rebuilt. After that he lost interest and tucked it away in his shop where it has sat since. Talking to the owner for over an hour and getting all the details on the car he offered the car to me for a price I couldn't refuse ($3000.) He also informed me of all the extra parts that he has collected for the car and that made the deal even better, it comes with a spare front clip, convertible top frame, black seats and door panels and some extra trim pieces for it as well.
The owner is going to spend the next few weekends moving things around in his shop so I can get the car out of there and over to my storage spot. This also means I will be selling my Sport Fury as I'd rather spend my time and money on the 300.
As much as the purists will dislike my plans, I will be changing some things on the 300 to make it more how I would've ordered the car new. I will be swapping it to buckets/console as I already have a tilt steering column for a console car and I have a very clean 1969 style console I will use for the time being. Once I get the car ready for paint, I will most likely be doing a colour change on the car as well as red isn't high on my list. I would most likely go F8/F9 or FP6 with the white interior and white top.

Pictures will follow once I have the car in my possession. Hopefully it is as complete and solid as he described it.

Last edited:
Back