Brake light bulbs

For safety reasons, lamps with a brass base must be used to light hazardous areas on ships and offshore oil platforms. Ship explosion-proof incandescent lamp fixtures with cast brass housing, protective grid, and heat-resistant glass housing. I think you can find high-quality incandescent light bulbs at online stores because nowadays, you can find anything from the comfort of your home. Recently I bought a smart led light that is adjustable from my smartphone. I use it and can't be happy with it.

Last edited:
For safety reasons, lamps with a brass base must be used to light hazardous areas on ships and offshore oil platforms. Ship explosion-proof incandescent lamp fixtures with cast brass housing, protective grid, and heat-resistant glass housing.

This holds with other explosion-proof required environments also, such as grain elevators, refineries, mills and such. I worked a bit in grain elevators and mills in Ft. Worth in the mid-1980s, then paint booths and ovens. ALL rigid conduit, explosion proof fittings, lights.

Brass conducts heat and electrical current better than aluminum and can be alloyed such that the coefficients of expansion match steels and iron very closely. For automotive electric purposes, it does best by not spontaneously oxidizing ferrous metals in contact with it. Aluminum, being a metallOID, can oxidize ferrous metals, or build up Al2O3 residue, causing high resistance heat, circuit failure and ruining sockets. If one MUST use aluminum conductors, use a NoAlOx grease to dope the connections, liberally.

Back