Brandhistory.com

cm23uoc

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
CHRYSLER

Nice database I happened to run over. Probably thousands of household names shown through the Change of times.
Also helped a lot to date that foam bath set from 1969 I recently found and will use during a self Experiment. :D

I found this site a few years ago when I was restoring some interior door hinges. They were really well made and 100 years old and wanted to find out more about them.

I was surprised to find that today's trend of satin nickel was offer as a finish 100 years ago, along with many others finishes like chrome mirror finish.

I used the skill I developed from buffing 100 feet of stainless on my 66 300, to restore the hinges. An off handed comment from the homeowners said, I wish we could do something with the hidges after I painted their doors.

I was honestly surprised how well they turned out because they are a finish, there was only one bathroom hinge that had gone through the finish to the actual metal of the hinge but it still looked good just not perfect.

Was lucky with a couple of products there, closer examination Shows lots of gaps though.

Back