Bring back our Drive-in movies!

You can always improvise..download a couple of movies onto an iPad, prop it up on the dash and sit in the backseat. Size matters gents and with our cars we have it covered ))

I watched RHPS nearly every Saturday night when I wasn't working shift, at midnight, at a little theater near McChord AFB in Tacoma, WA. I was stationed there for a year and a half. Like nearly everywhere, fun back in the day, but bullshit ruins things as always.

A friend of mine has a big-screen inside his rather huge shop. He'll get all of the required drive-in refreshments, park his car inside facing the screen, and make a fun evening with his wife and kids.

My sister used RHPS as an excise to go party every Friday night, she got away with everything.

I still remember watching a drive in movie, from the highway. Accident or something stopped traffic. Got about a half hour of veiwing pleasure before it cleared up.

another is gone

allmjS2yrmQbiQJv2xpdxH_nPs3NBQ0CC2ZQI6MuShqk6irnwiYdOnthHeEC-3pMjjYVwehZ&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.png

I have discovered in my travels there are THREE drive in movies within an hours drive from me.
Not sure if there is more, those are the ones I've seen.

Two In central Oklahoma:

Beacon Drive-in in Guthrie. Opened in 1950. Double-features.
2404 S Guthrie St, Guthrie.

Winchester Drive-in in OKC. Opened in 1968. Triple-features!
6930 S. Western Ave, OKC

One in Tulsa:

Admiral Drive-in, Tulsa. Opened 1958, closed 2010, reopened a year later after the 2010 fire. Over 1,000 parking spots! Double-features, two screens.
735 E. Easton St, Tulsa

There are drive-ins located also in Chickasha, Poteau, Shattuck and Springer, OK; for a total of seven in Oklahoma!

I believe OK city had 3 circa late 90s

I have a new puppy so I am doubting I will be going to the drive-in this summer, unless we get someone to watch her. She definitely wouldn't last through a movie.
20210613_174253.jpg

Two In central Oklahoma:

Beacon Drive-in in Guthrie. Opened in 1950. Double-features.
2404 S Guthrie St, Guthrie.

Winchester Drive-in in OKC. Opened in 1968. Triple-features!
6930 S. Western Ave, OKC

One in Tulsa:

Admiral Drive-in, Tulsa. Opened 1958, closed 2010, reopened a year later after the 2010 fire. Over 1,000 parking spots! Double-features, two screens.
735 E. Easton St, Tulsa

There are drive-ins located also in Chickasha, Poteau, Shattuck and Springer, OK; for a total of seven in Oklahoma!

I believe OK city had 3 circa late 90s

Nope. One actually in OKC, and one in Guthrie. Used to be two in OKC, but the one near SE 89th and Shields closed a few years back.

Nope. One actually in OKC, and one in Guthrie. Used to be two in OKC, but the one near SE 89th and Shields closed a few years back.

I spent a month there in 98-9 timeframe, was more than one then. Maybe the 3rd one I was thinking of was Guthrie.

I had a lot of fun playing pool at a place I think was called Bucks, but might be misremembering the name.

Back