Bring back our Drive-in movies!

Our local one this weekend.
upload_2020-9-11_10-14-10.png

I saw Rocky Horror a bunch of times, that would be fun at the drive-in too.

Pulp Fiction is a hoot. Dusk Till Dawn is two films: the first half of some real low-lifes disrupting a family's life, and the second which is a Vampire fantasy that came from... where??? While I really hate the first part, I LOVE the second!!

This is the Starlite drive in, in Mitchell South Dakota. They closed it in 2013 due to the cost of a change to digital projectors. This year they opened it and used a projector from one of their indoor theaters because they are closed due to covid.

Starlite drive in.jpg

97BCE19B-EDD8-4E2B-8609-0868A3452D46.jpeg
E660BCE9-AEBD-4E4C-8F68-2F67B0017497.jpeg
Outdoor theater in Jefferson, Wisconsin. It’s been there sine the late 50’s or early 60’s. Been showing older movies
all summer, with good crowds. Recently had American Graffitti on a double feature, and local car clubs showed up as well. Also had the original ‘Psycho’ a while back. Lots of fun ! Between Madison and Milwaukee. www.highway18.com

Last edited:
Two drive ins near me. They have been playing older movies this season.

Finger Lakes Drive-In | Auburn, NY is closer and the one we go to.

Midway Drive-in Theatre does some stuff with old cars once in a while. I met the owner, really nice guy, just a couple months before he was killed in a construction accident at the drive in. His kids took over and seem to be doing well.

They've also been showing old movies on a temporary screen in one of the State Fair grounds parking lot. They were charging too much though and it really wasn't set up for it.

Back about 1979 or so... I watched two of my favorite "car' movies at Fingerlakes drive in. Used Cars and Hollywood Knights. I was driving my '69 340 4 spd Dart and had a sweet young thing in the passenger seat. Life was good.

Back