Broken door glass lift bracket rivet.

Reaction score
I took my car to a cruise night location close to the house last Saturday night. But before I left the house I went to roll down the driver's window and heard a pop sound and the window wouldn't roll down. I had to push it down by hand but you could roll it up. So today I removed the door panel to see what was going on. You have the glass which is helded in a lift bracket along with a gasket and is all helded in place by a small plastic rivet. Well that small plastic rivet had broken. So gentlemen I ask of you does anyone have an extra one or two of those plastic rivets that I can have or purchase from you and pay shipping as well.

Did you try RT Specialties? I had one break on my 67 B body Coronet, and got a replacement from them. Not sure if the C body piece is the same or not.
R/T Specialties - Mopar Fasteners, Clips & Hardware
1005867-1.jpg

I have used these exact one's to repair mine that broke on my 68 Plymouth fury wagon. I have bought like 6 of them to have on hand. i just inserted the rivet thru the glass into the bracket then press stem into the rivet and it expands and holds tight. been over 2 years and still holding. I replaced both while I was at it

Thanks Jim 68cuda and crazyboutwagons for your replys. The guy a R/T Specialties doesn't answer his phone and the only way you can contact him is by Email so I have sent them a email to see if what he has can be used on a C Body. Will have to wait on his reply. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I used them on my 65 Polara - worked just fine and I have a couple extras as I have a couple more windows to do yet.

I took my car to a cruise night location close to the house last Saturday night. But before I left the house I went to roll down the driver's window and heard a pop sound and the window wouldn't roll down. I had to push it down by hand but you could roll it up. So today I removed the door panel to see what was going on. You have the glass which is helded in a lift bracket along with a gasket and is all helded in place by a small plastic rivet. Well that small plastic rivet had broken. So gentlemen I ask of you does anyone have an extra one or two of those plastic rivets that I can have or purchase from you and pay shipping as well.
Go to web site Clips & Fasteners on the Chrysler section they should have them. A box of 25 is $6-$8 dollars, people buy there then sell on CL 4 for $6.

Received them on the 15th and installed the today. I went ahead and replaced the passenger side as well just to be safe. The windows grank up and down great. Thanks to all of you for your help.
i just raped a bolt with plumers tape and put a nylon lock nut on it works just fine. don't tighten the nut to tight tho

Back