For Sale bronze '69 300 convert. with white interior, nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sauterd

Reaction score
Contact seller
1969 Chrysler 300 Series | eBay

fasd.jpg

g7uou9.jpg

hio;io;.jpg

yuiyui.jpg

uilui.jpg

opop.jpg

With the exception of the instrument cluster it looks very good in the pics.

Great colors. I'd be on this if I had the room! Although...

Why does no one ever repaint the stripes!? They really are required on that massive body, and what I liked about the 300s was the stripes vs. clunky chrome moldings.

Great colors. I'd be on this if I had the room! Although...

Why does no one ever repaint the stripes!? They really are required on that massive body, and what I liked about the 300s was the stripes vs. clunky chrome moldings.
actually, i was trying to look closely and "thought" that maybe there were dark brown stripes there, like factory, but maybe i looked at it wrong...i agree though...

actually, i was trying to look closely and "thought" that maybe there were dark brown stripes there, like factory, but maybe i looked at it wrong...i agree though...

They'd need to be white to set off that top/interior. I think I may have been the only person to re-do the stripes after a resto (although I tweaked mine slightly with an engine call out).

This sad, sad car was restored by me back in the mid 90s, sold by '99, and then God know what happened after :(

s-l1600-jpg.jpg

I've seen this car in person. It's been for sale since last summer.

It's also on Craigslist. 1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible 440 V8

I haven't looked closely at the car. It was at a show last year ($18K). I did a quick walk around and it looked decent... Nothing bad jumped out at me.

@Beep Beep Dave took some pics at that show. CNY Mopar Show. He may have looked closer at it.

If someone is serious, I can take a drive to look at it. It's about 45 minutes away.

[QUOTE="Carmine,

Why does no one ever repaint the stripes!? They really are required on that massive body, and what I liked about the 300s was the stripes vs. clunky chrome moldings.[/QUOTE]

I thought long and hard about repainting the stripes on Jezebelle when I restored her. Even did research and collected pictures of originals to verify the style and size of the stripes. In the end I decided to delete them because I thought they would distract from the car. I never really liked them but the purest in me made me consider replacing them. No regrets.
300 left ft.JPG

[QUOTE="Carmine,

I thought long and hard about repainting the stripes on Jezebelle when I restored her. Even did research and collected pictures of originals to verify the style and size of the stripes. In the end I decided to delete them because I thought they would distract from the car. I never really liked them but the purest in me made me consider replacing them. No regrets.
View attachment 147611[/QUOTE]
looks fine to me, Will....Sounds like you did plenty of comparisons to make the right choice for you.

I haven't looked closely at the car. It was at a show last year ($18K). I did a quick walk around and it looked decent... Nothing bad jumped out at me.

@Beep Beep Dave took some pics at that show. CNY Mopar Show. He may have looked closer at it.

If someone is serious, I can take a drive to look at it. It's about 45 minutes away.

thanks, I'd love to have it (as usual) but no dough here. I'm sure I'll wonder whether i should have gotten this one over mine, but I'm used to that. I think i recall finding that one on Google from an older Ebay auction and it still had original paint, etc. and maybe sold for around 11 or 12 at the time. I think the auction was about 2011, but I could be wrong. Either way, she looks pretty original, and probably not previous rust. (Ah, the downside to car obsessions......also still thinking of the two '69 TNT converts out there, which I guess are overpriced since they seem to still be for sale)

That's a nice looking car. A little saggy in the rear and would need road wheels, but if its turn-key at $15,500, I'd say it's priced right even without the AC, flex hose and TNT pie tin.

:elmer:

I think it was for sale when I seen it. I thought the price was high after a quick glance so I didn't go over it in any detail. Could be a good car.

Dave

Agreed, Samplingman, WTF is with this TNT plate thingy??? It's flat, like it was die-cut but not formed.
upload_2017-10-17_21-30-38.png

Yeah, looks like a decal.
Looks like between the 2 pics the air cleaner got painted (well, painted over!) and the decal got placed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back