For Sale brown 1970 Polara Convertible for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one of the kids is most disappointed?

beautiful car, love the color. too bad I have 2 cars already and a 1 car garage. I hope it stays stateside

I am curious how it turns out.

Usually the Dodges are less popular in Europe. Maybe despite the 69 model.
But 70/71s are comparably seldom seen. But are tougher to find in decent condition, too.

If it would be a 300 vert it would be gone soon. But I am not sure on the Polara. Which does not mean it is not worth it.
Just that I feel there are less enthusisats for those.

I hope Dave keeps us up to date

Carsten

My guess is that this car will end up in Europe like so many special C Bodys have.
Nope. 22k from Polara conv is too much. Have to add shipping+taxed etc, its over 30k € car then. And u can buy 300 convs for 18-24k € and those are more desirable than Polaras.

Given that this was posted by Carsten, I had to see if it was really brown :lol:

Would be interested in whether this boat-tail Riviera ("copper mist") is "brown" or "orange"...

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/buick/riviera/2086121.html

The Riv' has a hardtop. The ask is $37.5k. I know it ain't worth it till someone pays for it, but this Riviera ad might help put the valuations of Dave's car in perspective (hint: IMHO, Dave's is a very special, super-original convertible and he's asking $22k <<< $37.5k).

You have been around a while. You probably know but in case you do not, Carsten says Burnt Orange is really Brown and he detests Brown . I declare it Orange just as Chrysler did . It is one of my top two Mopar colors

I am somewhat addicted to this thread as I have known Dave long before he bought this car.

Survivor cars have always been special to me. I own 2 of them that pale in comparison to this car. Cars are only original once and this one is special for several reasons including the known history and the story. I've known Dave for around 2 decades and no one including myself takes better care of their cars than Dave. You could not restore a 70 Polara ragtop to this condition for $22k. Whoever steps up to the plate for this car will never regret it.

Nope. 22k from Polara conv is too much. Have to add shipping+taxed etc, its over 30k € car then. And u can buy 300 convs for 18-24k € and those are more desirable than Polaras.

How many tax do you pay over the car and shipping in scandinavie.........?

How many tax do you pay over the car and shipping in Scandinavia.........?

Well the shipping would be the easy part. Today it’d be around 2K usd. In Finland they would collect customs, which would be 5%, as well as VAT 24%, both calculated of the sum of purchase prise and shipping cost. You get the equation: (22K+2K)+(0,3x24K)=32K. On top of that there would be miscellaneous handling costs, but those you’d count in hundreds, not thousands. - The car tax on a well preserved historical vehicle like this would only be, say 150€s, so that would be peanuts.

It’s a beautiful car, with a beautiful story. I hope it finds a good home.

Well the shipping would be the easy part. Today it’d be around 2K usd. In Finland they would collect customs, which would be 5%, as well as VAT 24%, both calculated of the sum of purchase prise and shipping cost. You get the equation: (22K+2K)+(0,3x24K)=32K. On top of that there would be miscellaneous handling costs, but those you’d count in hundreds, not thousands. - The car tax on a well preserved historical vehicle like this would only be, say 150€s, so that would be peanuts.

It’s a beautiful car, with a beautiful story. I hope it finds a good home.

It is cheaper in netherlands/germany/france ie as there is no customs and only reduced importtax (different in each country, between 6-10%). They are importet as cultural goods. If it gets importet in the EU once you dan't have to pay importdutis again. But the costs of shipping it to Finnland makes it only worthwhile on expensive cars

Carsten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back