C-bodies in France.

Almost looks like the one used in the early Cougars that was unreliable. Replaced mine with an electronic one that is flawless.

But it looks like the pictured one in the FSM
Sequential Turn Signal.jpg

Nothing the less, mine is working flawless! :)

Sequential Turn Signal.jpg

1) the clock was rebuild 1 or 2 year ago. it works when I do something with the front button. but nothing when the battery is on.
i suppose I only have to check if I have 12v at the wire at the back of the clock ?

The front wheel is there to set the clock. This will always move the needles.
Checking for a good ground and measuring if you have 12v is a good start.

2) it is quite odd, but I've never noticed that ( or I totally forgot about it ! :p )
- what is the wheel next to the map light ? what does it does ?
- What is missing next to the vent command ?

The wheel is the Radio Front/Rear Speaker fader and next to the Vent switch is nothing missing. It's a placeholder for the right vent switch. There is no right vent if you have AutoTemp, because at its place are some of the ATC controls.

3) I do not know if I am the only one on earth to have that, I may have asked before but :
WHY IS MY DASHBOARD ALWAYS STICKY AND GOOEY ? I don't know what to do to clean it.. it always come back.
( yes i removed the radio, it was non working )

My dash was that sticky too... Seems to be evaporations from the vinyl...
I cleaned mine using pure isopropyl alcohol first and then a brush and saddle soap. Finally I sealed it with vinyl care.

The body for the 300 Hurst is arrived in France :

IMG_5544.jpgIMG_5543.jpg

it was long, painful, horribly and extremely expensive but I did it.
thanks to Brian for his patience and work.
Next setp is sanding, body work and paint.

IMG_5544.jpg

IMG_5543.jpg

Bienvenue a bord Xavier!

Love your Imperial. Looks like we have common and opposite interests. Your a Frenchman with a Mopar. And I'm American with a Citroen SM.... And Mopars.

Let's see the collection! And....... Welcome!

Welcome Xavier, very nkce Imp.

Here a Swede with a Mopar and a Citroen SM....

Good Luck!

hi ! I received the body yesterday !! that was quite a job ! I will never do this again ahah !
the guys at the harbour moved the palett by pushing it with a forklift so some wheel were square and other were broken ! where the guy arrived at home he told me " where's the forklift ? how will we descend the car ? "
I told him to have faith, I went down a Cadillac 500ci from a trailer alone, so an empty shell will not scare me...
Brian put 4 wheels at each side, body arrived with 2/3 and we finished with 1...

There is considerably less work on this shell ! Front is perfect, under is perfet, rear is perfect.
4 bad spots :
- around the rear window ( but srtangly no damages under this.. )
- around the left rear wheel
- A bid dent
- 1 small hole on the roof
IMG_2515.jpg

The doors are 0% rust too. but I do not need them.

as you can see on the pic, shell still has 2 wheels at the back and 3 in front at time moment... :laughing4:

IMG_2515.jpg

Xavier,

J'aime bien votre Imperial aussie! That's Fancy French talk for....

I love over your Imperial too!

welcome again!!!!

donnez nous photos de votre travaise et detaille de le 300.

Post us pictures of your 300 work!

javier

thanks 73 T&C ! ( sorry forgot to answer sooner !! )

Want to thanks brian again for the body. no i have removed all the trim and wooden pallet he did. it must have been quite a job. I bought 4 rubber wheels and put on the body? it is easier to move now.

I bought an old tow truck too, it will be easier to move the body and bring it to body shop...
IMG_2567 [1024x768].jpgIMG_2577 [1024x768].jpgIMG_2578 [1024x768].jpg

as you can see the 300 can fit on it too.. :D
IMG_2579 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_2567 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_2577 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_2578 [1024x768].jpg

IMG_2579 [1024x768].jpg

Nice tow vehicle.... I love Citroëns. H wagon variant made into a tow truck that can actually haul a C body Chrysler.... Cool!

hi ! I received the body yesterday !! that was quite a job ! I will never do this again ahah !
the guys at the harbour moved the palett by pushing it with a forklift so some wheel were square and other were broken ! where the guy arrived at home he told me " where's the forklift ? how will we descend the car ? "
I told him to have faith, I went down a Cadillac 500ci from a trailer alone, so an empty shell will not scare me...
Brian put 4 wheels at each side, body arrived with 2/3 and we finished with 1...

There is considerably less work on this shell ! Front is perfect, under is perfet, rear is perfect.
4 bad spots :
- around the rear window ( but srtangly no damages under this.. )
- around the left rear wheel
- A bid dent
- 1 small hole on the roof
View attachment 63768

The doors are 0% rust too. but I do not need them.

as you can see on the pic, shell still has 2 wheels at the back and 3 in front at time moment... :laughing4:

View attachment 63768
Any updates on this project?

Any updates on this project?
hi,

yes some. On the truck only.
I bought many parts for it, I had to finish the paint, I cut a part of the rear floor to get access to the fuel tank and I am doint the electric stuff now.
thing are slow becuase I just moved out, I bought a new appartment and my baby takes a lot of my time, that I am happy with.
I'll make an update.

Just found this thread. Like your cars, especially the Imp.

Unrelated question (well, related through France). The following video shows a 1971 Dodge Polara Brougham 4-door hardtop that was inspected last year with the idea of shipping it to France:

Do you know if it made it there and, in the affirmative, if the owner is a member here?

Hi,

yes, I think that the Polara was sold in France, the seller told me so.
But i can aski him if you want.
I do not think that the owner is a member.

There was another car, a lincoln that was sold to a friend.

Hi,
yes, I think that the Polara was sold in France, the seller told me so.
But i can ask him if you want.

Hi Xavier -- Thank you for the rapid reply!

Yes, please. Any info on the history and characteristics of the car would also be welcome. I see Washington plates on the car at the 22" mark in the video, and the car in the video was being inspected in Oregon.

I do not think that the owner is a member.

You might convince him... :)

Last edited:
Hi, i just spoke to the seller and yes the car was sold in France in febuary 2017
P1030816.JPG.05c5052cece18b3688640265129c99f1.jpg

oregon classic is a fench guy who lives in USa and sell cars in France now.
i found the ad :
1971 Dodge Polara Brougham - Oregon Classics

car was sol in the 38 ( isère ), small price ( for europe ) and was a daily driver.

Back