SOLD C-Body Floor Shift, Linkage and Console - Everything needed for Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The consoles and floor shifts look cool and always give a car the "muscle car" look. Even though there were actually a lot of muscle cars that had column shifters. I've driven quite a few vehicles, mostly newer ones, with floor shifters, but never a C-Body. So, I'm wondering, do the factory floor shifters in C-Bodies shift more precisely than column shifters?

I always wished that my car had been ordered with the buckets and console/floor shift and always kicked around the idea of converting it. I probably still would if I stumbled upon a car that had everything, but I'm not absolutely sure that I would. I do kind of like it the way it is. :)

The other thing about floor shifters, whether manual or automatic, is by force of habit, I always end up driving around with my hand on the shifter. :laughing7:

Since the seat belt laws came in, I hardly ever see anybody driving around with their girlfriend or wife sitting in the middle. Of course, nearly all of the newer vehicles have some type of buckets in them, so she wouldn't be able to sit in the middle anyway. :(

193510 2014 front seat right after carpet.jpg

I absolutely love the console option which I had always disliked up until the last few years. I too keep my hand on the shifter in my 2010 Challenger but you really can not in a C body. You would be leaning too far forward.

DSCF0174.jpg

Of course, sitting in a C body with a full bench does help fulfill romantic endeavors .

DSCF0205.jpg

OR, you could choose the bucket/ buddy option which allows the same romance possibilities, but allows for easier access into the back seat without opening the door. In a more practical application buckets allow people in and out of the rear seat at the same time because the fold forward not across like the bench.

AND even with the column shift I ride with my hand on the selector 50% of the time.

193510 2014 front seat right after carpet.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0205.jpg

Please call me at 347-498-4251. I have a couple of questions about the parts. My name is Mario. My friend Mike from Las Vegas spoke to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back